Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What car should a new driver drive?

wands
01-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi guys! I just got my license and I'm wondering what car should a new driver get? My budget is 30k

Hudson
01-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi guys! I just got my license and I'm wondering what car should a new driver get? My budget is 30k
You have a $30,000 budget for your FIRST car?

A first car should be CHEAP. No matter how good you think you are or how good others may tell you you are at driving, you're going to learn things the hard way. Get something you can afford to dent. Something along the lines of a Corolla or Civic and the like.

Blue)(Fusion
01-22-2008, 12:03 PM
I agree with Hudson. My firstcar was a very used 1995 Ford Taurus. It was a peice of garbage. But got me from point A to point B albeit not in style or comfort. My sister just got a new car last month: a 2007 Toyota Corolla. It's not a bad car for a younger, less experienced driver (18). IIRC, it cost $14,500 after incentives and other stuff.

For the reamining $15,000 of your budget, save it up and use it to buy your second car, hopefully a dream car.

mscarchick
01-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Nice budget, man!

I'd stick with a new Honda Civic, it's aesethetically pleasing AND it's got cool handling. Plus, you'll have money left over to spend however you wish.

Ray paulsen
01-27-2008, 06:44 AM

Here is how I read your question from Singapore

A 30k millionaire is a person, usually a guy, who makes around 30k a year, usually from working at a window tinting shop, loan office, or an occupation that does not by any means require a college degree. With his pitiful a income, he spends it all on bottles of champagne at clubs, a boat,a nice car, and sometimes a 3-day trip to Vegas, only to be left with nothing in his account by overdraft fees and possibly a pending loan.

Get a life post a real question

vv42
01-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Buy a used car for $5k, put $2k in your savings account for repairs of the car over the next couple of years. Then, put the remaining $23k in a CD earning 5.25%. You'll have enough money in 5 years to get a really nice car--something like a new BMW 1-series.

Then, put yourself through a couple of car control clinics to help you drive your car more effectively--learn crash avoidance the easy way!

79transam92
02-15-2008, 01:56 PM
my first car, modified(performance) 79 Trans Am, already has bad enough body not to worry, 1200 dollars, runs fine, first car should be(I might be hypocritical) something easy to drive(my car is harder to drive than my moms van or my dad's Mark LT

Add your comment to this topic!