Is it true?

dirk-diggler
02-21-2003, 02:32 PM
that the S-type is nothing more than a Ford Taurus in a restyled body? Say it ain't so!

SilverLotus340R
02-21-2003, 03:31 PM
NO...its much more expensive :rolleyes: jk jk i love the S Type

i dont have hard core specs but im sure they have different performance numbers

unwired
08-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Performance is WAY different. You could have said a LS in a restyled body, closer to that, but nowhere near a Taurus.

rmyAddison
08-18-2004, 10:11 AM
It ain't so, not even close.

Since 03 the S-Type is getting rave reviews, it went through a complete overhaul, interior and exterior.

The motor is all Jaguar, the tranny is German, same as Mercedes, the interior is classic. Fords real impact was with the electronics, which they improved.

Go drive a Taurus, then a Linclon LS then a Jag S-Type 4.2 or R.....no comparison. People who call Jags Fords have never driven one and can't afford one.

Oldengineer
08-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Plus you forgot to mention that the Jag is RWD and the Taurus is FWD.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Presley348
08-31-2004, 08:13 PM
that the S-type is nothing more than a Ford Taurus in a restyled body? Say it ain't so!=============================================== ===========

Hi dirk-diggler:
Ford / Jaguar S type identical in many ways??? I sure hope not, but that's is probably just a BMW Sales Ploy by Chris Bangle, :banghead:

Now I am just kidding, but seriously, I own a new 2004 BMW 530i and I love it! But my parents just bought an new 2004 S type, and love the Jag also! In fact my next car shall by a S type. :grinno:

Presley348 :smokin:

Presley348
08-31-2004, 08:22 PM
================================================== ========

Hi dirk-diggler:
Ford / Jaguar S type identical in many ways??? I sure hope not, but that's is probably just a BMW Sales Ploy by Chris Bangle, :banghead:

Now I am just kidding, but seriously, I own a new 2004 BMW 530i and I love it! But my parents just bought an new 2004 S type, and love the Jag also! In fact my next car shall by a S type. :grinno:

Presley348 :smokin:

===============================
PS,

In fact read what I got off the web from an well known auto 2004 magazine comparing 04 Jaguar, 04 Mercedes E class, and 04 BMW 530i...

"And while the E-Class Mercedes may be our favorite Benz of all time, especially the V-8 E430, the 5-series cabin is fresher than that of the Mercedes and also more masculine. Call us old-school, but BMW knows how to make cars for men that women will want to drive. Mercedes seems to aim right between gender lines instead. That's fine (Jaguars, by the way, are nearly always aimed at men looking to attract women, and by golly it works!), but the BMW philosophy is the most visceral to us. Sit behind the wheel of the 530i and we think you'll understand exactly who this car is aimed at."

NOTE:
Above INSERT was taken from 2004 Magazine testing the 04 530i from the www

===============================

DC Kelley
10-14-2004, 06:51 PM
that the S-type is nothing more than a Ford Taurus in a restyled body? Say it ain't so!

Seems to be a lot of ignorance in this thread. The current S type uses the same frame structures / rails and some body parts as the Lincoln LS. Different running gear and loads of different interior parts. God knows there not much "Jag" left in it (old persons point of view) but a healthy injection of Ford based running gear and Fords buying leverage have made it and extremely profitable car (regardless of this, Jag is current now running only 4 of 5 days in the plants, so there is trouble in paradise) Ford/Jag used to talk about the dual use more, but it seems to be a forbidden topic these days (along with questioning just how "British" one can be with a design center based in Irvine Calif).

57JagXKSS
03-01-2005, 03:16 AM
First off, Jaguar's V-8 is a real Jaguar V-8. Check the following link:

http://www.jagweb.com/aj6eng/v8_performance.html

The 4.2 V-8 has been improved and doesn't have the timing chain tensioner problems or Nikasil problems of the 4.0 V-8.

Here is Jaguar's 4.2 liter 390 hp supercharged V-8

http://www.aa1car.com/library/styperv8.jpg

The Lincoln LS and the Jaguar S-Type share a chassis but...

The 2003 S-Type was over-hauled with the following:

- V-8-powered S-Typed got a ZF 6 speed automatic transmission.

- a new front suspension using a lot of aluminum

- modified rear suspension

- chassis brace that increased stiffness by 10 %

- the new S-Type R got an rear subframe brace for an additional 7 % more stiffness

- S-Type R got big Brembo brakes

- new interior

- and a lot of other stuff

The 2005 S-Type was also revised with the following:

- new aluminum hood

- new styling which improved aerodynamics slightly

- updated interior and some other stuff

DC Kelley
03-04-2006, 01:43 PM
First off, Jaguar's V-8 is a real Jaguar V-8. Check the following link:

http://www.jagweb.com/aj6eng/v8_performance.html

I did say is wasn't. And by the way the picture above (very cool) is not available in an S type, only an XJR and (and the sport coupe?).

For myself, Love what those guys do; but if I get another Jag-6 with will be with one of the mid '90s inline-6 and roots blower on it. New ones bore me. But first I need to build an ERA clone of a "sunbeam" and work that out of my system. (lot of obscure references in all that, I know, hint: Ford+Jag=Cobra)

Add your comment to this topic!