Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94-97 gen formula or t/a

monsterups32
01-21-2008, 09:35 PM
i am thinking about getting a 94-97 350 manual formula or t/a im only 16 so i dont want to drop more than 5000 could even get one that is in deacent shape for that much

monsterups32
01-21-2008, 09:38 PM
also how many miles should it have for that price

cuda_dude
01-21-2008, 09:54 PM
You can get one easily for that price 100k is the average mileage I'd say

muff34
01-22-2008, 03:18 AM
hope you insurance is cheap in wisc. My `95 firebird costs 1900 per year for my 20year old daughter ,with drivers ed coarse. no accidents or convictions. oh ya 3.4 v-6

poormillionaire2
01-22-2008, 08:48 AM
I bought both of my 94 Z's for $5K. One had 88K miles and was in excellent condition. The second one had 94K miles and turned out to be a piece of shit. I hate this one, it was a mistake. Make sure you don't rush and buy a crap car. And remember, used cars come with problems. Make sure you have enough money to cover repairs and stuff. F-bodies are not cheap,or easy to work on.

monsterups32
01-22-2008, 07:11 PM
what would a car like that run in the 1/4 with and with out a supercharger

ikeyballz
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
honestly, if you get a pre LS1 f-body, you would be looking at mid to low 14's and MAYBE if the previous owner took good care of it and did small mods to it, high 13's. brand new, they were running those numbers.. so most likely 14's...iirc.

with a supercharger boosting maybe 5-6 psi idk, you'd have ~400hp, (or so they claim.)

honestly, if youre gonna get a LT1, dont plan on a supercharger unless youre gonna get a rebuild with it.. of course unless you just want to fk around.

id spend the extra 2K for the car, and get a nice un-abused, low mileage one if possible.

remember, you can always add on a supercharger but you CANT change a car (for 2K~ish...)

my insuracnce @ 20 yo MALE, in hawaii, full coverage, theft, etc...costs 2K a year.

gorgepr
03-23-2008, 10:57 AM
jajaja insurance got u guys fu... up I bought my 94 TA with 87k miles on it spend 200 rebuilding the tranny and the car cost me 1300$ I think it was a good buy

Firebirdlad03
03-24-2008, 12:00 AM
well its finally nice to see another person from wisconsin on here! Yea these cars are alot of fun, but insurance sucks a**! I have to pay for it all myself and im still in highschool. and its my DD so gas really sucks too. Lets just say im broke.

tonyponykay
04-11-2008, 12:03 PM
bought my 95 lt1 six speed formula trans am two days ago ..for 3500...
yesterday put $1000 in new rotors and brakes , etc ..
hope it passes inspection and emissions ..
real fast and throaty exhaust .. i looked under, at least the catalytic converter is still there .. guy said it was all stock but i know there's a racing transmission mount ..the tire guys said... and a moroso air cleaner tube going down into god knows what ..i haven't explored that issue .. lol

i just hope it passes all inspections.... inspections suck... in Nevada we didn't have any inspections..no emissions testing unless you lived in Reno or another big city... out in the countryside we had no emissions testing ..

the word FREEDOM means different things to different people i guess.. lol
i want to be free to buy and run whatever engine i want in my cars .... but all these crazy freaking laws are driving me crazy ...

i got a ticket last year for driving without my front license plate .. $60 bucks ..lol .. i told the cop to go get a real job ... since he too chicken to find real criminals to arrest.

Seriously, what is there a crime wave of cars without front license plates in Maryland? You got nothing better to do? There's no drug dealers, murderers, robbers, rapists, crooks out there for you to find instead of bothering people who just want their car to look the way it should?

ok, i'll stop..you get the idea :evillol:

ikeyballz
04-11-2008, 07:52 PM
haha, welcome to AF man. sounds like youre gonna do a lot of nice shiet to the car. post up some pics!

i wish i had that kinda money to spend on my car right now..fuck, barely alive nowdays

madeintheshade
04-13-2008, 06:35 PM
a good decent f-body from 93 to 97 with low miles for its age can be found anywhere from 3000 to 7000. my t/a was 2000 with a blown headgasket, new transmission, and bad breaks. i put about 500 in the motor fixing it and 200 on brakes. i did everything myself so i had no labor cost. it now runs like it is brand new. most lt1 f bodies should run a low 14 to a high 13 if maintained. ls1 usually run mid 13s. and the supercharge question cant be answered. it depends on supporting mods, tune, boost, ect.

Add your comment to this topic!