Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 sebring coupe 2.5 hesitation

dimmyfree0
01-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Idling Problems,hesitation,running Poorly Etc. I Have Looked At Numerous Posts And I Believe It Is The Egr Valve But Do Not Want To Start Replacing Things At Will. Seems Ok Above 2300 To 2500 Rpm But Still Has Slight Miss. Drivability Is Fine At Higher Rpm. Odor Out Of Tail Pipe Like Motor Is Loading Up. All Tune-up Parts Have Been Replaced. Battery Is New. Check Engine Code Only Showed Po300 Multiple Cylinder Misfire About 6 Months Ago But Has Not Returned Since. Valve Cover Gaskets And Seals Were Replaced Because Of Leaking Oil Into The Tubes. 156,000 MILES AND FOUND OUT NO BELT REPLACED YET. I AM GOING TO HAVE THAT DONE ASAP AS I THINK IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE AT APPX. 100,000.

Any Advice On Egr Or "other" Pertaining To Problem Would Be Greatly Appreciated..............................

jamster06
01-22-2008, 06:00 AM
When you got the tune up, was the distributor replaced? (Mine is the 98 convertible and it has a distributor, though I'm not sure if yours has one or not)

dimmyfree0
01-22-2008, 10:39 AM
When you got the tune up, was the distributor replaced? (Mine is the 98 convertible and it has a distributor, though I'm not sure if yours has one or not)

Timing etc. seem fine and it loads up real bad at idle so I am assuming it is fuel related..........but not sure. EGR valve has never been replaced. I disconnected the transducer wiring that goes to the EGR valve and it made no difference when idling.......but I do not know if it should.
Thanks for the reply.............JIM

ReyBan
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Timing etc. seem fine and it loads up real bad at idle so I am assuming it is fuel related..........but not sure. EGR valve has never been replaced. I disconnected the transducer wiring that goes to the EGR valve and it made no difference when idling.......but I do not know if it should.
Thanks for the reply.............JIM
97 Sebring JXI 2.5L. This Car was towed in no start. right away, change the distributor assy. great !!start. Problem solve. then , two months later car came back, driving OK. but just hesitating when when idling press on Gas it wanted to die. Did the tune up change the valve cover too coz oil going to the spark plugs.change the O2 sensor too
Still same. Then finally wife was looking at the article about brand new does not mean good.!!!.. so i called the supplier for the Distibutor and ask for warranty . change that distributor assy. and right there.problem solve.

dimmyfree0
02-14-2008, 04:03 PM
97 Sebring JXI 2.5L. This Car was towed in no start. right away, change the distributor assy. great !!start. Problem solve. then , two months later car came back, driving OK. but just hesitating when when idling press on Gas it wanted to die. Did the tune up change the valve cover too coz oil going to the spark plugs.change the O2 sensor too
Still same. Then finally wife was looking at the article about brand new does not mean good.!!!.. so i called the supplier for the Distibutor and ask for warranty . change that distributor assy. and right there.problem solve.

My car will die when at a stop light but starts right back up and will drive fine upon acceleration and driving down the road. Problem is only at lower rpm range and misses real bad. I am going to take it in for diagnostics rather than dumping money in it to replace possibly good parts. I am going to scan codes and will post later. THANKS FOR THE REPLY...........:confused: Scan says code PO 172 to rich bank 1 and also PO300 multiple cylinder misfire. Also on the tool O is flashing saying O2 sensor is not finishng its diagnostic funtion.
Could the O2 sensor cause this problem ........ miss and running to rich ???????

Add your comment to this topic!