Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Talon Rear Rotors

minard629
01-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Need to get the rear rotars off a 95 Talon to be replaced. I have the caliper bracket off, what is next. There is a piece in the center of the rotor that I am assuming threads on and off. Is this piece normal thread/reverse thread and can you use a punch and hammer to get it moving without a special tool?

92talontsiawd
01-20-2008, 01:48 PM
all u need to do to take off the rear rotors is take the caliper off, then the caliper bracket.. and if you are replacing the rotors, then hit the old one with a hammer to break the rust free.. there no bolts holding them on, unless there are like 2 little screws next to the stud holes. but other then that there should be no bolts holding them on.

MazdaX
01-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Exactly. If they are rusted on there hit them with some WD-40 or something like that and wait a few minutes and use light taps , You don't want to just start wildly banging them with a hammer. Tap in the 12 - 6 - 3 - 9 'o clock positions on the backside of the rotor until it pops off.

If you are oh so unlucky as to have those 2 little screws through the rotor..you may have to drill them out of they are trashed.

Good luck.

92talontsiawd
01-20-2008, 03:13 PM
yes, and ALSO make sure the e-brake is off and not bound up inside the rear rotor. cause at work i notice that will cause the rotor to be a bit** to get off.

minard629
01-21-2008, 07:51 AM
I got em off - definitely a rust issue, did some tapping with a hammer and got em.

Add your comment to this topic!