Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I just need info. about audio.

better
01-20-2008, 04:18 AM
I just need info. about audio.

I need to know what is good for bass,
how does ohms, watts, hertz, and dB affect it??

I want a lot of good bass for my car. (1992 Honda Civic Si)

I know the more ohms, the more resistance, which means less power, but what do the other audios do??

Is the higher Watts, Hertz, and dB good?

PaulD
01-20-2008, 11:14 AM
the newbie thread is a good place to start

go here next http://www.bcae1.com/ ............. read it all the way thru. If you don't understand something, read it again - that site has a lot of fundamentals, if you have a good grasp of that stuff it will make the rest of it so much easier.

Honda civics (hatchbacks) are generally good cars for bass systems.

Watts is a measure of power, how much an amp can deliver or a speaker can absob. Generally the more the better. dB or decibel is measure of audio intensity or loudness. Hz is the frequency, so low Hz are bass notes, medium Hz are like voices, guitars, pianos etc and High Hz are like cymbals and stuff like that. They are not good or bad, you need to be able to reproduce all of them to have a good sounding system.

Galuple
01-21-2008, 12:09 AM
another thing about civics are that they are relatively easy to pull apart and install systems in. depending on your price range there are tons of things you can do to get some good bass in your car. alot of people here recomend alpine type r's as a good subwoofer, they arent super expensive or super high-end, but give out a good pound, just please dont get a prefab box from bestbuy or something. if you do that, most subs are going to get loud but sound just god awful.

also i'm sure alot of people here would agree, but you should definately consider some dynamat for the trunk and doors and wherever possible, especially in a 92 civic. They have practically no factory dampening whatsoever.

Add your comment to this topic!