Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

tcc sensor

teegee01
01-19-2008, 02:00 PM
My t type stutters or feels like your running over small bumps when you coast. I unplugged the tcc on the drivers side of the transmission ,promblem cured much better.My question is that proof the tcc sensor is bad or could there be another promblem and solution, also does it hurt to drive the car with it unplugged? thanks

Blue Bowtie
01-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Presuming you have a TH200-4R, there really is no "TCC sensor" in the system. There is a fourth gear switch in the circuit, and a TCC solenoid which is supposed to engage the TC lockup clutch, but no sensor. If the TCC is alternating between lockup and release on decel, it may be due to a throttle position sensor being out of adjustment.

teegee01
01-19-2008, 08:14 PM
The plug has 4 wires and plugs into 4 prongs on the drivers side of the trans. unplugged the car runs great .To add I changed powermaster brakes over to vacuum when my promblem occured.The brakes seem to be fine.also my car is pretty much stock I added cold air but took it back off thinking it could be the problem.

HotZ28
01-20-2008, 05:42 AM
My question is that proof the tcc sensor is bad or could there be another promblem and solution, also does it hurt to drive the car with it unplugged? thanks Do not drive the car for extended periods with the TCC solenoid disabled. That will limit fluid flow through the trans and cause overheating on both the transmission and engine. You may get by with it in cold weather, but when it gets warmer, be careful! :wink: BTW, what year car & trans? 1982-1987 with the TH200C or, 1983-1987 with the TH200-4R :dunno:

Add your comment to this topic!