1999 Saturn SL2 Crankshaft Position Sensor Location

95GMCJimmySLE
01-19-2008, 12:57 AM
I've done some searching and found info on other year Saturns that state it's located under the intake manifold real close to the starter, is this the same for this car? I'm not familiar with these cars at all but I'm no stranger to working on cars, I'm currently replacing head gaskets and other things on my SVT.

It's my grandmothers car. I was planning to go over there tomorrow anyway and I guess she was having a check engine light so she had autozone check it and they informed her it was the CPS. So she bought it and asked if I could put it in while I'm over there tomorrow. So I just want to make sure I know where to look and if I need to bring my jack and stands. It's supposed to be pretty cold tomorrow so I want to get this over with quick!

As I said before, I'm not familiar with these cars at all so any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. If you could also give me a quick description of what I'll be looking at down there that would be great too.

Thanks

95GMCJimmySLE
01-20-2008, 11:20 AM
nevermind... I found it. When laying under the car it's between the intake manifold and the starter. Can only really see part of the wires going to the sensor. Had to use a mirror to locate it and then do everything by feel. Not a hard thing to replace but with it being only about 18*F out with a wind chill of i don't know it was quite cold.

RC1488
01-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I've done some searching and found info on other year Saturns that state it's located under the intake manifold real close to the starter, is this the same for this car? I'm not familiar with these cars at all but I'm no stranger to working on cars, I'm currently replacing head gaskets and other things on my SVT.

It's my grandmothers car. I was planning to go over there tomorrow anyway and I guess she was having a check engine light so she had autozone check it and they informed her it was the CPS. So she bought it and asked if I could put it in while I'm over there tomorrow. So I just want to make sure I know where to look and if I need to bring my jack and stands. It's supposed to be pretty cold tomorrow so I want to get this over with quick!

As I said before, I'm not familiar with these cars at all so any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. If you could also give me a quick description of what I'll be looking at down there that would be great too.

Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Ggg7KcY84
video provided by richpin :)

sorry its late :(

95GMCJimmySLE
01-28-2008, 10:16 AM
yeah, I can see removing the starter would make it easier to see what you are doing, but I'm not sure I would go through the trouble of removing the starter just to replace the CPS. It's only a bit more difficult with the starter there.

Add your comment to this topic!