Shaking s10 at idle

Wags391
01-18-2008, 11:04 PM
My idle has been becoming worse. I have a 92 S10 Blazer 4x4 4.3L V6 TBI. When I am at idle, in gear, the car shakes terribly. When I turn the wheel from side to side, slightly, the engine acts as if it's going to die. The same happens, at idle, when I turn on the heat or a/c. It seems as if the to events are related but I don't see how. Turning the wheel seems to suggest the power steering is working too hard, but I just replaced the pump and that did no good. The air event seems to suggest a huge jump in electrical pull, causing too much pull on the alternator. Sometimes I can get it to just about stall but it picks back up. Could it be a major vacuum leak of some short? I've noticed the same thing while at idle and depressing the brake. I've wondered if the brake booster has anything to do with it. Any ideas?

G.A.S.
01-19-2008, 12:57 AM
give it a good tune up. Use factory recomended parts on this engine or you will be sorry.
the power loss your experienceing is normal if the engine is missing on one or more cylinders. You turn the wheel and your taking horse power away from an already struggeling engine so it is going to want to die. same with electrical, alternator takes HP away from the engine. Break booster takes vacume away from the engine and will cause a different type problem.
I would start with a good tune-up. plugs, wires, cap and rotor for starters, give a look at all the hoses and wire plug-ins. everything works in sink.

Wags391
01-19-2008, 02:14 AM
give it a good tune up. Use factory recomended parts on this engine or you will be sorry.
the power loss your experienceing is normal if the engine is missing on one or more cylinders. You turn the wheel and your taking horse power away from an already struggeling engine so it is going to want to die. same with electrical, alternator takes HP away from the engine. Break booster takes vacume away from the engine and will cause a different type problem.
I would start with a good tune-up. plugs, wires, cap and rotor for starters, give a look at all the hoses and wire plug-ins. everything works in sink.

I've done that. I just checked the plugs not two weeks ago. I even cleaned them with a air plug cleaner. Cap and rotor are basically brand new. Not even a couple years old. All the vac hoses from the transfer case are new fuel line rubber hose. I know those aren't bad. Same with the hoses to the reservoir ball, 4x4 actuator, and cruise actuator. The only hoses not new are the cruise actuator to the cruise kill switch at the brake pedal and the brake booster hose to the intake.

Add your comment to this topic!