Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ebay seller : bboykorea

Pages : [1] 2 3

intuned
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
i have bought a vip celsior from him and paid it dec.19th and paid for 2-3 weeks for the shipping and still haven't recieved anything.

some of you had bad experience with him?

i'm not sure i will buy again from him

prortiz80
01-18-2008, 02:50 PM
i never had a problem with him sure it takes awhile to get here but u got to understand where the package ia coming from and where its going it might take alittle bit more time than others

El Krammito
01-18-2008, 03:22 PM
i bought one set of wheels from him with no problems.

intuned
01-18-2008, 06:27 PM
ok, i guess i'll wait a bit then.

still long when i paid for fast shipping

jano11
01-18-2008, 07:04 PM
I bought kits from him, twice. No problems untill now. Shipping might take 3-4 weeks.

NOMADGAMER
01-18-2008, 08:28 PM
he has very good prices, so i waited a little longer as his shipping is slow.

baroque angel
01-18-2008, 08:41 PM
I bought so many from him with no problems. The shipping time takes awhile, but you have to understand that he's located in Hong Kong. You can get it quicker, but you have to shell out for the more expensive shipping. My orders took about 3 weeks to arrive.

Luchato
01-18-2008, 10:38 PM
I bought kits from him, twice. No problems untill now. Shipping might take 3-4 weeks.

:iagree:

besides because of christmas, post services have been a bit saturated, which can even delay even more the shipping...

TvD
01-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Bought a kit from him last September, it arrived about 2 weeks later. In December I bought another 2 kits, but those still haven't arrived. I contacted him and after checking the address he offered to resend the kits. Quite good service I'd say.

Icon Modeler
01-20-2008, 05:21 PM
I've had two transactions with him. Both were multiple "buy now" completed auctions. The first one was successful although he initially "forgot" to include everything that was purchased. He did send a second package with the missing items. That was about a year ago. The second transaction was started before Christmas for over $200.00 again I received only a partial shipment. That was over a week ago now and I've tried to email him three or four times and have gotten no reply. I would steer clear of this seller not only has he shorted my order and will not respond to my email but when you do get the items they will no doubt come to you rapped in paper without a box and be completely crushed like my last partial shipment did.

Good Luck,

Icon Modeler

guysmilie
01-20-2008, 09:03 PM
I refuse to purchase from again, he won't answer my e-mails, and even when you pay for the express shipping (should take roughly 4 days) your lucky if you get it in three weeks, I would steer clear of him.

Spike2933
01-20-2008, 09:32 PM
if shipping takes a month, something is wrong.

I buy from all over the world and from across the country, I get my items in 2 weeks and a half weeks the latest.

this guy seems not to really care and is just trying to suck money out of people

ozracer
01-21-2008, 12:10 AM
I have bought off him before and never again he was a pain in the arse. Models had bits missing and were 3 months late when i paid air freight. I lodged a dispute with ebay and left negative feedback and got some money back which was good through pay pal but his service is atrocious. I think his prices are cheap but he gets you on postage. You pay air freight and he is obviously sending surafce mail so he make up the margin on freight. He has so many transactions up to 20 or 30 on each day so he can hide his negative feedback quite easily. But if you search back through his whole history he has heaps of negative feedback. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH HIM AGAIN.

jano11
01-21-2008, 04:06 AM
He makes up money on the shipping costs?!
Where the hell do you get a Fujimi enthusiast model for 11€ + 8€ shipping , that's 19 euros?!
Or a Tamiya 911 GT1 for 6+8=14€??? :confused:
Tell me and I'lll buy there next time! :rolleyes:

It's cheaper than ordering it directly from the cheapest store in Japan (and even from there you'll pay 7-8 euros for SAL shipping (10-14 days).

Sure he is a bit careless, rarely uses a cardboard box, but he always wraped all the parts in bubble wrap and never had a problem with the kits.
He also replaces broken or lost kits.

I've seen way worse than this from european eBay sellers!

Appart from the occasional lucky bid you have 0,1% chance to get a better deal.

joelwideqvist
01-21-2008, 05:21 AM
I'd agree upon the thought that many e-bay sellers make money on a higher shipping rate than is actually needed, but as long as the total price is low I don't mind. Bare in mind that E-bay is charging the seller upon the price of the item, not on the total price including shipping.

I bought from Bboykorea several times and never had any problems.
best regards
Joel

The Sheene Machine
01-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I refuse to purchase from again, he won't answer my e-mails, and even when you pay for the express shipping (should take roughly 4 days) your lucky if you get it in three weeks, I would steer clear of him.

I regularly sell on eBay and wouldn't imagine selling like this. Ebay are attempting to clamp down on exorbetant shipping costs which is of course in their best interests as they take a percentage from the amount sold at, not shipped at. Personally I don't do this as I have a moral sense of what's right. Paying for express shippng and waiting three to four weeks is unacceptable. Complain and shut him down.
There are too many other sellers on ebay to put up with this rubbish. :nono: :banghead:

davezilla
01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I bought a couple of kits from him last year with no problems. I paid for surface shipping and I got it in about 2 weeks. I may just be lucky though. The contents weren't damaged but the box was a bit crushed cuz he only wrapped them in paper. He doesn't combine shipping, and I think he ships everything with the same method regardless of what you paid for.

jano11
01-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Paying for express shippng and waiting three to four weeks is unacceptable. Complain and shut him down.

How nice of you! :rolleyes:
Ever crossed your mind that the post might be slow some times? Or that the parcel might be in the customs?!

People seem to want to buy the kits for nothing but they expect the same service as when they bought them at 3x that price in a LHS. Talk about hypocrisy.

nakadds
01-22-2008, 01:44 AM
People seem to want to buy the kits for nothing but they expect the same service as when they bought them at 3x that price in a LHS. Talk about hypocrisy.[/QUOTE

I was in a similar situation a few months ago when I bought from a seller who had about 95% positive response and 5% who called him a crook and would never buy from him again. It took almost a month for the model to be ship from the east coast to California. I guess we should show more appreciation to all those sellers who spend the time to properly pack their stuff and send it out the next day (or in some cases the same day).

grundski
01-22-2008, 10:11 AM
How nice of you! :rolleyes:
Ever crossed your mind that the post might be slow some times? Or that the parcel might be in the customs?!

People seem to want to buy the kits for nothing but they expect the same service as when they bought them at 3x that price in a LHS. Talk about hypocrisy.

You are one of two things, 1: Never been ripped off by a HK seller or 2: Are an HK seller ripping people off.

I bought from a HK seller that sounds similar to bboykorea382. I've complained about these types of sellers and it does no good. Paying for an item, shipping is excessive and packing is pathetic. HK sellers in my opinion generally spike the shipping. Not all but a lot of them do. Sorry but if you pay EMS, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason for it to take more than Five days from ANYWHERE to ANYWHERE. That's why it's so expensive. I checked the postmark when I received my Tamiya kits. 2 R390 GT1, no box just green paper and the postmark was half the cost I paid for shipping. The paper to wrap it didn't cost more than 5 cents. So all you devils advocates out there sticking up for the Chinese scammers on ebay, tell it to somebody else because until you experience this crap first hand, keep your worthless opinons to yourselves. :banghead:

P.S. I just bought a kit from Japan and it shipped EMS to the eastern US and I had it in 3 days. During Christmas rush. Arrived December 23rd.

jano11
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
You are one of two things, 1: Never been ripped off by a HK seller or 2: Are an HK seller ripping people off.

Well I'm not either of those! :rolleyes:

I bought from a HK seller that sounds similar to bboykorea382. I've complained about these types of sellers and it does no good. Paying for an item, shipping is excessive and packing is pathetic. HK sellers in my opinion generally spike the shipping. Not all but a lot of them do.

I'm yet to see a HK seller that charges less than 8€ for shipping a kit. Than you have those that charge you 20€ for the kit itself and you have those like bboykorea who charge only 10€.
It's up to you to chose where you buy from. I buy from where it's cheaper because if there is a scam I rather lose only 18€/kit instead of 30€.

Sorry but if you pay EMS, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason for it to take more than Five days from ANYWHERE to ANYWHERE.

Bull$hit!
I ordered from HLJ and had to pay for EMS because of the value. Actually only for the shipping I had to pay in excess of 40€ (that's 60$ on your side of the pond).
And let me tell you that it took 10 days to get it! That's exactly what it takes by SAL from Japan.

That's why it's so expensive. I checked the postmark when I received my Tamiya kits. 2 R390 GT1, no box just green paper and the postmark was half the cost I paid for shipping. The paper to wrap it didn't cost more than 5 cents.

Did you account for the fact that he has to go to the post office to send the parcels? Hom much does that cost, and how much time that takes?!

I always got my parcels shipped registered and insured from HK, it only costs 3-4$ extra. :)

So all you devils advocates out there sticking up for the Chinese scammers on ebay, tell it to somebody else because until you experience this crap first hand, keep your worthless opinons to yourselves. :banghead:

Racism won't make your point any worthier! :rolleyes:

Let me tell you how I had to pay 28$ for an ordinary package from the USA.
I asked in advance and the seller told me it will be only the USPS price and that I can check it on their site.
The kit is roughly 200 grams and it wasn't more than 1 pound with the cardboard box.
So I took a look and decided not to go with the cheapest 10$ (First-Class Mail® International) but rather take the Priority Mail® International for 19$.
After the bidding ended I told the seller that I want it shipped by priority mail and he/she told me that it costs 28$. I kindly asked why is it 28$ when the USPS site states it's only 19$, the answer was that that's the price no matter what I say.

So as you may see scammers are everywhere, and I won't call a scammer someone who tells me in advanace what the price is instead of chosing to lie in my face.

P.S. I just bought a kit from Japan and it shipped EMS to the eastern US and I had it in 3 days. During Christmas rush. Arrived December 23rd.

I don't know how it's in the US but here in Europe post do not work on Sunday (as December 23rd was a Sunday).

petesy
01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
If you think sellers from Hong Kong are ripping you off on postage, you can always check out how much it costs for the shipping:

http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/postage/overseas/parcel/air/index.htm

Shipping to Europe is especially expensive. It costs over 12 euro for the first 0.5kg by air parcel to most European countries.

NissanSkylineGTR98
01-22-2008, 07:26 PM
I purchased from him, it took a little while extra but I wasnt really bothered by it. The communication with him was good.

Luchato
01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
So all you devils advocates out there sticking up for the Chinese scammers on ebay, tell it to somebody else because until you experience this crap first hand, keep your worthless opinons to yourselves. :banghead:

Ok, you might disagree with our opinions but I DON'T THINK THAT MY OPINON OR ANY ONE ELSES OPINION IS WORTHLESS! :nono:

Eejii
01-23-2008, 12:50 AM
I have purchased couple times from bboykorea. The communication was OK and I got the kits in two weeks to europe. They were poorly packed but contents was OK (maybe I was lucky). If you check his negative feedback in ebay, he tells he had to change his email address, maybe that's why you haven't got your replies.

When you are dealing with Chinese people, remember that being polite helps things to be solved. If you mail the seller "where is my f#%&* kit" you probably don't get answers. Blaming someone is insulting in their culture.

grundski
01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
I don't know how it's in the US but here in Europe post do not work on Sunday (as December 23rd was a Sunday).[/QUOTE]

Ooops, my fault, I was wrong my package left Japan on the 20th and arrived on the 22, they tried re-delivery on the 24th. I'll be happy to send you the tracking info Jano. Although the US postal service in my town extends it's hours on Saturday and includes SUNDAY over the holidays.

SeanyG
01-24-2008, 02:39 AM
I have bought 5 kits from him over the last year or so. I have never had any problems with him whatsoever.
Yes his post is not the quickest, but so what. Kits are 100% perfect, he is an honest seller and his prices are excellent. I would not hesitate to buy from him over and over again.

jano11
01-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Ooops, my fault, I was wrong my package left Japan on the 20th and arrived on the 22, they tried re-delivery on the 24th. I'll be happy to send you the tracking info Jano.
No need for that. I know that sometimes post can be fast from Japan.
I got a package posted in Osaka last Friday and it was already at my door Tuesday. But I also waited more than 2 weeks for SAL packages and 10 days for EMS packages. So there is no rule about how fast a package goes around the world.

But let's not drift away from the subject of the thread, bboykorea whom is an OK eBay vendor from my POV.

Drew84
12-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I purchased three Kits from him over a year ago and never received them. I purchased Insurance, I lodged complaints with Paypal and Ebay and got nothing. I contacted him many times, but claims it is hard to read english. So therefore cannot fix the problem. I would not buy from him again and would advise everyone to stay far away from him. He is a crook, I am also upset with Ebay for allowing sellers like this to continue.
I am also considering no longer buying kits on Ebay since the last three I bought arrived at my door poorly packaged and soaking wet. For the 10-15 dollars some of these sellers charge to ship from China I would expect the kits to come in side a cardboard box at the least, not just wrapped in green paper.

tonioseven
12-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Live a little, learn a little. He's had several usernames on ebay before; once his feedback levels drop a few numbers, hel more than likely change again. I'd rather pay a larger price and know my items will arrive than chance it on a "bargain". Not slinging insults but just be careful with ebay.

tuned.by.twenty
12-14-2008, 06:02 PM
I've bought one item from him before, and two more are still on the way. The first item (Aoshima model kit) came in pretty good shape, but the box was a little beat up. I've seen his replies to negative feedback (about items being damaged), and they're all pretty much the same; "Well you didn't pay extra for a box". Not once during either transaction with me was there any mention of needing to pay more for a box. All there was were the methods of shipping and the respective prices. I'd say don't go to bboykorea as a first choice, but if you're willing to take the risk you might end up with some good deals.

We'll see if my opinion changes once my second order arrives.

tonioseven
12-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Sanxler is the name I was searching for earlier. I believe they are one and the same.

tuned.by.twenty
12-18-2008, 09:00 PM
As an update, the items I bought a couple of weeks back are listed as 'processed for departure from Hong Kong' as of just a couple of days ago. This could take a while...

jano11
12-19-2008, 04:10 AM
I purchased three Kits from him over a year ago and never received them. I purchased Insurance, I lodged complaints with Paypal and Ebay and got nothing.

That's bizarre. Did you lodge your complaint before the 45 days limit?
PayPal and eBay are a b!tch too, if you wait 1 day more than the contractually stipulated limit you are done.
However if you do it in time there is no way you don't get your money back. If this was the case you should have lodged a complaint with the local Consumer Protection authorities against eBay and PayPal, it's free and they will be happy to bugger them for you.
I learned this the hard way, because of European eBay sellers.

Drew84
12-19-2008, 12:26 PM
I did not lodge the complaint in time, because he strung me along, 6-8 weeks for delivery is more than the 45 day limit. Just buyer beware.

jano11
12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
I did not lodge the complaint in time, because he strung me along, 6-8 weeks for delivery is more than the 45 day limit. Just buyer beware.

I bought from him a couple of times and always got my kits after 3-4 weeks at max.

As an advice do not hesitate to lodge a complaint with eBay or PayPal if you don't get the goods after 40 days. The seller get's 10 days to answer to payPal and prove that he sent the goods and than he get's time to try to rectify the situation with his post office or send you new items. Only than he will have to refund you. So do not hesitate, if he's honest he'll have his chance to prove it, but if the 45 day are by you lose any chance to learn the truth.

CrateCruncher
12-19-2008, 05:48 PM
I bought a kit from bboykorea once. The $10 I saved was not worth the aggravation of trying to get my merchandise.

I bought a Tamiya FXX and paid through Paypal. I knew he was shipping it surface but also knew I forfeit my right to a Paypal complaint at 45 days. So at 30 days I inquired and got no reply. At 35 days I inquired again and no reply. At 40 days I lodged a complaint with Paypal and bboykorea was suddenly interested in my satisfaction! He told me he would send another kit. That kit arrived 7 days later crushed and mangled because it was only wrapped in paper. The contents were miraculously unharmed but if I decide not to build the kit no one would buy it on EvilBay because the box looks horrible. I said earlier, I saved $10 but in the grand scheme I really didn't.

Some_Kid
12-19-2008, 07:23 PM
i have bought a vip celsior from him and paid it dec.19th and paid for 2-3 weeks for the shipping and still haven't recieved anything.

some of you had bad experience with him?

i'm not sure i will buy again from him
It takes a while. Im pretty sure he ships his stuff from Japan. i ordered my countach QV from him. I will let you know though, he does the minimum packaging required to ship kits. I countach box was beat up when i got but the parts were in good shape. However after reading the other responses i may not deal with him again.

davezilla
12-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Pretty sure he ships from HK.

I've bought a few kits from him before, received them with no problems or damage to the box. I guess I must have been one of the lucky ones.

LAPO
12-24-2008, 11:23 PM
My fingers are crossed...
I have just bought from him the two tamiya 1/12 porsches and other 2 1/24 kits....
He asked me if i prefer surface or air mail, and i told him to go for the second one. I also have asked him ("PLEASE...") to place the kits inside a solid box....
Please pray with me....

Dexter21
12-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Have been burned once by him. Stay away please. So many good sellers on ebay these days, why be bothered with guys like these.

LAPO
12-27-2008, 08:17 AM
..... (standing on my knees, and locking my hands together) i preyed him to put the kits inside a hard paper box.... we will see...

jano11
12-27-2008, 09:28 AM
FGS calm down people.
I've bought from him several times, and never had a kit with a broken part or something like that.

You shouldn't treat HK and Chinese sellers this way.
The only times I had troubles with eBay sellers was with European people (once German and once Czech) who never had any intention sending the articles.

Drew84
12-27-2008, 09:32 AM
FGS calm down people.
I've bought from him several times, and never had a kit with a broken part or something like that.

You shouldn't treat HK and Chinese sellers this way.
The only times I had troubles with eBay sellers was with European people (once German and once Czech) who never had any intention sending the articles.

You should treat them this way, if they are cheaters.

jano11
12-27-2008, 09:37 AM
You should treat them this way, if they are cheaters.

Yeah, IF!

stevenoble
12-27-2008, 11:26 AM
I have read this entire thread page by page and must admit I remain pretty neutral.However my opinion is this.If you get quite a few different people from different parts of the world stating the same thing then there must be something in it.There are many sellers some good, some bad and I've experienced a few bad ones myself.It really doesn't matter which part of the world they are from, if they are bad, they are bad, fact.

FGS calm down people.

You are entitled to have your opinion.However just because you only had good experiences with this seller it doesn't necessarily mean that he is good and treats everybody this way.The people who have suffered losses with him are right to avoid him and to warn others so that they can make an educated choice and either buy from him or not.

Have a look at all his negative feedback, it's shocking to say the least

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=bboykorea382&Dirn=Received+by

I wouldn't buy from anyone with a record that bad.

tuned.by.twenty
12-31-2008, 08:09 PM
I've just received word that my package from bboykorea has finally left the Hong Kong post office. That was its home for quite a while.

Orion37170
01-01-2009, 12:25 PM
it happened two times to me a parcel from him didn't arrive
actually three times as on one of them he told me he send it again but that one never arrived either

and one time, a kit came with broken parts and he never made it to give me a spare part for it

Dexter21
01-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Please stay away from him. He is bad buisness

jano11
01-02-2009, 08:54 AM
You are entitled to have your opinion.However just because you only had good experiences with this seller it doesn't necessarily mean that he is good and treats everybody this way.The people who have suffered losses with him are right to avoid him and to warn others so that they can make an educated choice and either buy from him or not.

Have a look at all his negative feedback, it's shocking to say the least

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=bboykorea382&Dirn=Received+by

I wouldn't buy from anyone with a record that bad.

The guy still has 98% positive feedback.
I read the negative ones and have to say that some of the buyers are either stupid or have no idea what means buying overseas. One of them was sure he should have had his articles before Christmas and he was calling the seller and idiot because they didn't arrive!
Go figure, the seller can't control how the post office works.

He sells kits very cheaply and shipping isn't very expensive either.

If someone wants a Fujimi EM than he can get it in a LHS for 35 Euro + shipping (at least 6 Euro)=41€ at least or buy it from him for 12 + 10 (shipping) + 1.5 (insurance) =23.5 Euro. The price difference is substantial!

It takes 4 weeks to get it? Well it took me 4 weeks to get my last SAL shipment from Japan too, so I wouldn't say it's that horrible.

You don't get the article after 4 weeks or it's broken, if you paid the 1.8 USD for insured shipping than you can make a claim through PayPal and you'll get your money back.
If someone doesn't pay 1.8 USD to insure a 30 USD article shipped from the other side of the world, than that person is living in a fairy tale.

You know how it is, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

In todays world if one takes a risk than he/she should be prepared that things can go wrong. Otherwise better pay that small insurance.

PS: I sell sometimes on eBay too, if I charge insured shipping (very expensive in Europe around 14€ for a 1/24 car kit and more for countries out of EU) I can't sell the articles. So I propose signed for economy letter, hoping it doesn't get lost, cause the post won't reimburse you if it wasn't insured or at least with declared value.
If I charge 1.5 Euro for a cardboard box people say I overcharged the shipping costs!
And I am an occasional seller who trims his kits collection now and than.

stevenoble
01-02-2009, 11:28 AM
The guy still has 98% positive feedback.
I read the negative ones and have to say that some of the buyers are either stupid or have no idea what means buying overseas.

He only still has 98% because of the amount of stuff he sells, it keeps it artificially high.When you look at the pages of negatives he has it's a wonder he's still selling.... come on, over 200 negative and over 100 neutral feedbacks does not instill any trust in a person, at least not in my book.

He sells kits very cheaply and shipping isn't very expensive either.

Of course he does.He doesn't insure them when asked to, provides no box for protection, no tracking number and ships them wrapped in paper, most arrive damaged.
I have bought many things overseas and had great service.Why should I expect any difference in the service because I am buying from overseas..??? Because it's from overseas does that warrant poor service..?? It shouldn't.

In todays world if one takes a risk than he/she should be prepared that things can go wrong. Otherwise better pay that small insurance.

Well I for one don't think that when buying overseas I should be "taking a risk" If the person selling can't provide the goods at a fair price and deliver them to my door in good condition then forget it, I will buy elsewhere from a reliable, trustworthy source and if I have to pay a little extra so be it.Better to pay once than twice when the goods arrive damaged.There ain't no such thing as a cheap kit.You get what you pay for.........

jano11
01-02-2009, 11:58 AM
He only still has 98% because of the amount of stuff he sells, it keeps it artificially high.When you look at the pages of negatives he has it's a wonder he's still selling.... come on, over 200 negative and over 100 neutral feedbacks does not instill any trust in a person, at least not in my book.

The absolute value has no place in such analysis.
Would you rather buy from someone who has 1 negative and one positive feedback or from someone who has 200 negative and 8000 positive ones?!

Of course he does.He doesn't insure them when asked to, provides no box for protection, no tracking number and ships them wrapped in paper, most arrive damaged.

Mine were also wrapped in paper, but all the parts were also wrapped in bubble wrap and none was broken.
I do not care about what he does with the 1.8 USD I pay for the insured shipping. I'm paying it and it is mentioned in my PayPal payment message.
once 4 weeks are gone and no kits in front of my door I fill a complaint with eBay and PayPal.
If you paid for insured shipping you get your money back, if not than tough luck, you risked 30 USD because you were not willing to pay 1.8 USD for the insurance.

I have bought many things overseas and had great service.Why should I expect any difference in the service because I am buying from overseas..??? Because it's from overseas does that warrant poor service..?? It shouldn't.
Reality is that the post still loses packages even ones with national delivery! Buying overseas the risk is higher because the package will go through several airplanes and airports and every times the risk multiplies.

We either accept this or expect to live in a perfect world where nothing goes wrong.

I've had plenty of problems with the post in my life, and it was never because of the ebay seller.

Well I for one don't think that when buying overseas I should be "taking a risk"

Well every time you don't buy an article personally in a local shop you are taking a risk, in case you chose not insured shipping, be it overseas or even in the same city you live in. As long as it goes through several hands before getting to you there is a high chance for it to be lost or damaged.

If the person selling can't provide the goods at a fair price and deliver them to my door in good condition then forget it, I will buy elsewhere from a reliable, trustworthy source and if I have to pay a little extra so be it.Better to pay once than twice when the goods arrive damaged.There ain't no such thing as a cheap kit.You get what you pay for.........
They all rely on a carrier (post, DHL etc.), and sometimes things go wrong, but you only get your money back when you insured the shipment of your goods.

As an example the online Japanese hobby shops are willing to ship your order with SAL or AirMail, none of them is insured, and they state i clearly that if you chose anything but EMS you won't be refunded if the package is lost or damaged.
It's exactly the same thing with the HK or Chinese eBay sellers.

Drew84
01-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Do you buy from bboykorea? If you think he is not that bad than feel free to buy from him. However, I have never gotten a kit that I've bought from him and neither have many others. This is too much coincidence to blame the post office. They can't possibly loose that much mail. I was naive before. I used to have no problem ordering from anybody on Ebay, but clearly I should be more careful. So to everyone, buyer beware bboykorea.

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Okay...we get it, some people think it's fine to be a "thrifty" and buy kits shipped internationally with no more protection than butcher paper and a raft of bad feedback, and others have a different idea on how they expect their items to be shipped :popcorn:

I did a grand total of one Feebay purchase from Hong Kong for a Fujimi kit, it came wrapped in paper. The kit itself arrived okay, but the box was certainly dog-eared.

I decided then and there that from then on I'd buy from reputable places with real websites like HLJ that ship in real boxes, provide tracking, and have good customer service. Much safer and much more secure. Worth the slightly higher fees. The one time I got a mangled/punctured box from HLJ I took a photo, and within a week had a fresh kit to replace the slightly damaged one. Had the same kind of damage occurred to one of the paper-wrapped Hong Kong kits, it would have been decimated and likely never delivered in the first place.

stevenoble
01-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Would you rather buy from someone who has 1 negative and one positive feedback or from someone who has 200 negative and 8000 positive ones?!

No, I'd rather buy from someone who has NO negatives at all.To me 1 negative is 1 too many.... They do exist.There are hundreds of people with 100% feedback.

I do not care about what he does with the 1.8 USD I pay for the insured shipping.

Well you should...!! So you insure it just in case......

once 4 weeks are gone and no kits in front of my door I fill a complaint with eBay and PayPal.

And wait for how long for a refund...??? Why bother..?? By the time you get your refund my kit is at my door, in good condition, ready to be built.

Because you were not willing to pay 1.8 USD for the insurance.

I would be willing to pay insurance as I do on all my international deliveries, just so long as I know the item does actually get insured and the person doesn't simply pocket my money for themself to make up for the low prices they sell the kits at.....

Reality is that the post still loses packages even ones with national delivery! Buying overseas the risk is higher because the package will go through several airplanes and airports and every time the risk multiplies.

Well call it luck or whatever, but I've done hundreds of transactions from overseas and not had anything go missing, because they were all bought from decent, reputable sources.People I know I can trust to deliver the goods time and time again, because the difference is, put simply, they care.

I obviously struck a sore point with you..?? Well it was just a criticism of some of the bad sellers, not a personal attack on you.Buy your kits from where you like.All I was saying was that personally I would choose some other place to get mine if I didn't trust the seller and that's all it is personal choice....

Let's agree to disagree...:smile:

jano11
01-02-2009, 01:34 PM
No, I'd rather buy from someone who has NO negatives at all.To me 1 negative is 1 too many.... They do exist.There are hundreds of people with 100% feedback.

And they rarely sell what I look for at the right price.

Well you should...!! So you insure it just in case...

And wait for how long for a refund...??? Why bother..?? By the time you get your refund my kit is at my door, in good condition, ready to be built.

I've got enough kits to build for 20 years! :D

I would be willing to pay insurance as I do on all my international deliveries, just so long as I know the item does actually get insured and the person doesn't simply pocket my money for themself to make up for the low prices they sell the kits at.....

For 1.8 USD?!
I rather have him pocket those 1.8USD than pay 40€ for a Canadian seller to ship me a 1/24 kit, when actual shipping is only 20! ;)

I obviously struck a sore point with you..?? Well it was just a criticism of some of the bad sellers, not a personal attack on you.Buy your kits from where you like.All I was saying was that personally I would choose some other place to get mine if I didn't trust the seller and that's all it is personal choice...

My sore point is about how people jump on the bandwagon to badmouth a seller with 98% positive feedback.
I'm not his relative, I'm not Chinese or from HK. I simply bought several kits from him and always got them.

Let's agree to disagree...:smile:

Good idea!

drunken monkey
01-02-2009, 02:45 PM
is it wrong for the a buyer to assume that the seller will post items bought in a box (i.e in a manner suitable for sending fragile items halfway across the world)?

is it wrong for the seller to not send things in a box?

I can't see anywhere on the guys listing where he mentions what provisions he provides for the protection of the bought items and nowhere does he offer "upgrades" from his normal practice of green paper and string.

Does anyone know if hlj charges for the heavy duty cardboard box and additional box filler/air pouches or film wrap in their packages?

jano11
01-03-2009, 04:44 AM
I was thinking about his packaging habits that are so criticized around here.

Almost very time I bought a kit in Europe (and I'm in Europe too) and the seller shipped it as letter, the kit was only wrapped in paper and sealed with tape. And this for about the same price(+- 3%) as this guy asks from HK.

So he isn't the only one who doesn't use (buy) a cardboard for packaging.

Anyway, IMO the choice lies with the buyer, and if one accepts the seller's conditions than one shouldn't complain afterward.

petesy
01-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Well I actually live in Hong Kong so I'll address a couple of points appear throughout all these "Hong Kong seller" posts:

- On "gouging through postage": shipping overseas IS expensive. People complain about $20 postage from Hong Kong to the US; I have to pay over $40 for 3 average sized Revell/AMT kits from the US to Hong Kong. If you are in doubt of the shipping charge, Hong Kong Post lists the postage on their web site at http://www.hongkongpost.com.

- On cardboard box: I find it funny someone compared eBay sellers with HLJ. HLJ buys their packaging material by the thousands each month and have them delivered to their door, while if I were to buy boxes I would have to order them for $3 each and have to travel to remote industrial parks to pick them up. Most kits I got from the States are packed in cardboard boxes taken from supermarket, that stuff is simply not available in here (unless you are willing to fight for them with old people who depend on reselling them for a living). And if you ever wonder whether HLJ charges for the packaging: you already paid for that through the price difference, otherwise they would be out of business already.

Yes, I think kits should be packed in cardboard boxes for the protection they offer, but you should expect to pay for that as well.

- On "late shipment": it takes about 3-4 days for a package to travel from Hong Kong to a major airport. It's anyone's guess for the time it'd take to clear customs and reach a dispatch near where you live. I'd say 2 weeks from the Saturday after you paid is reasonable, although it can take as long as a month if you don't live near a big city.

I was planning to sell some of my excess kits on eBay before, but after reading all these posts about Hong Kong sellers, I think I'd be better off crushing them and throwing them away instead. It's just too much hassle for the return I'd get, and I'd still be accused of overcharging in postage and dragging my feet in shipping.

dkobayashi
01-04-2009, 10:07 PM
With the big ebay sellers the chances for things toget screwed up are far far too common.

I've learned my lesson with other sellers like this and luckily i've managed to not lose any money so far, and I don't intend on risking it again. I'd much rather get an item that isn't overseas, have it shipped in an actual boxmuch faster than it would have been from HK.

Add your comment to this topic!