Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just the dash lights..........

tonybagosmashed
01-18-2008, 07:41 AM
I get the idiot lights (fasten seat belt, air bag etc....) but my dash lights wont work. Can't tell how fast im going at night, real pain in the azz!! I checked the fuses and the bulbs (all good ) Could the switch be bad? Short some where? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

tony

Blue Bowtie
01-19-2008, 10:05 AM
What year Bonne? Some of them had an instrument lamp dimmer module, separate from the control knob.

Does the other instrument lighting work, like the radio and heater controls?

tonybagosmashed
01-19-2008, 08:28 PM
What year Bonne? Some of them had an instrument lamp dimmer module, separate from the control knob.

Does the other instrument lighting work, like the radio and heater controls?

Forgot to add the year....1998 SE. Other lighting works. I get the fasten seatbelts etc... Radio, Gages work.

Its been an intermittent problem working on and off until a couple weeks ago, not working since.

enasniclown
11-28-2008, 10:30 PM
could be the leds are burnt up, i had the same problem with the climate control and the radio, some dash lighting, its seem to be a pain because of having circuit board looking wiring instead of jsut wires, i got aftermarket head unit, and new climate control from ebay and everything was fine, gage cluster missing a spot on speedometer but thats it, you could take it apart and sodier in new leds, not sure where to get htem though or i would try it

Add your comment to this topic!