Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 tacoma slight pull to right and left. any advice??

winlo408
01-16-2008, 07:44 PM
i have a 2001 tacoma, 4x2 pre-runner. early thing morning while driving around 60-65 mph i notice a slight pull to the left and right. The pull is very slight and once i correct it it'll be fine, then it will pull again couple seconds later. It happens very sudden, and it feels like a wandering motion, kind of hard to explain. Its not the feeling of losing control or anything but feels like you about to lose control for that one second. Kinda like if you got a flat tire. I know the brakes are low in the front because the sensor has been squealing for the past week (plan on changing after school on friday). can this be the problem? or something else? any advice would be great. thanks

Flash75
01-17-2008, 05:25 AM
Is the pull happening at a steady speed or is when you suddenly slow down or increase speed? Any unusual tire wear, front or rear? Check the rear spring u bolts for tightness and check the springs for a broken leaf. The brakes should be fixed but I don't think they are causing your problem.

Clifton

winlo408
01-17-2008, 10:07 AM
its happening at a constant speed.

winlo408
01-17-2008, 03:55 PM
just checked the bolts and leaf springs and everything looked tight and in place. any other suggestions?

fordtrucksonly
01-18-2008, 08:16 PM
just checked the bolts and leaf springs and everything looked tight and in place. any other suggestions?

Hell, it could have just been the road..

But.. just in case
Check:

Tire pressure
Tire wear (crowning, cupping, etc...)
Bent or broken steering/ suspension parts

Oh and btw do you have oversized wheels or tires on it by chance?

cannotoutrunme
01-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Check those tie end rods for looseness slight ly bent mabe. had a old for that would pull like that fixed tie end rods ok.

winlo408
01-18-2008, 10:05 PM
i will check all this tomrrow with my buddy that works at a tire shop.

cannotoutrunme
01-18-2008, 10:58 PM
i will check all this tomrrow with my buddy that works at a tire shop. I hopeit will be itmy right was slighty bent.cheap to fix copared to other problems in front end. good luck

Kyle4130
01-24-2008, 06:05 PM
I know the brakes are low in the front because the sensor has been squealing for the past week (plan on changing after school on friday). can this be the problem? or something else? any advice would be great. thanks

sounds like you already know the problem. your alignment could be off a bit as well.

Add your comment to this topic!