Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

transmission removal

justinwilliamskx
01-16-2008, 05:44 PM
im looking at a 93 3kgt vr4 for 4k it has only about 80k on it and from the pics it looks good but says it has a bad spline sahft goin to the transfer case how big of a deal is it to pull the trans out of this car do you have to pull the whole engien or can it be pulled on its own thanks

Girly VR-4
01-16-2008, 06:17 PM
is it that green one on autotrader? I spoke with the guy, he said someone was coming to buy it already, and he'd let me know if the deal fell through. This was a week ago or so, it's probably sold and gone already.

If it's a different car... it's not that hard at all. you don't need to pull the engine to do it.

justinwilliamskx
01-16-2008, 07:23 PM
yeah thats the one oh well gessi wont get it figured it would be sold by the time i got to it anyway but good to know the trans can be pulled without the engine incase i fine antoher thanks for hte reply

jason_bet
01-16-2008, 10:16 PM
I have a red VR4 for sale.. where do you live?

Jason

justinwilliamskx
01-17-2008, 05:59 AM
im up in pennslyvania its alrite im heading out to an auto auction instead next month to hopefully pick up a truck to resell for a good bit pf profit first then im gona start my search again

Girly VR-4
01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
im up in pennslyvania its alrite im heading out to an auto auction instead next month to hopefully pick up a truck to resell for a good bit pf profit first then im gona start my search again

I'm located in Easton, PA, I've got a few 3000GT VR4's and Stealth Twin Turbo's for sale, if you want to shoot me a message, I'll give you the details of what I have. Let me know what you're looking to spend, and I'll give you a list of the cars we have in your price range :)

justinwilliamskx
01-17-2008, 03:38 PM
i only have about 3-4 thousand thast why that one was a possibilty so im not sure if you have anything in my range but let me know

Girly VR-4
01-17-2008, 05:32 PM
i only have about 3-4 thousand thast why that one was a possibilty so im not sure if you have anything in my range but let me know

I have a 93 Twin Turbo shell with a gazillion parts. I'll let it go for cheap if you're mechanically inclined :)

That's the only twin turbo we have under 7k. We have a few non turbos if you're interested.

justinwilliamskx
01-17-2008, 06:28 PM
is it driveable as is i was hopeing for someitng not in a lot of pieces mbay if things go well at the auction i will do better then last time i went i got my monte for 2700 blue book is 4700 so hopefully i ll be able to get someting wiht a high resale and and be able to pick up enoufgh cash if i can i will be in contact wiht u again

justinwilliamskx
01-19-2008, 05:47 PM
its lookin as though i may not be able to make it to the auction the the car taht you have in pieces is it complete as in all pieces there but its just apart or will i need to buy more parts will it need to be towed or is it driveable is it awd and is it the stealth or the 3k

Add your comment to this topic!