Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 Test R34--Carbon Fiber Body

racer93
01-16-2008, 10:31 AM
I know, the CF body is all the rage now and has been for a while. Well, I was pokin' around on the net and found a video of the launch of the R34 in early 1999. It showed the car with bare CF body panels (less the roof, which was not CF) in testing with Erik Comas.

My question is this--has anyone done this? I haven't seen anything through searching at all. If so, I'd appreciate some advice, like if it's worth attempting or not. :screwy: It sounds like a different project, so I'm all up for it!:icon16:

I'd appreciate the input!

Daniel

gionc
01-16-2008, 10:53 AM
I know, the CF body is all the rage now and has been for a while. Well, I was pokin' around on the net and found a video of the launch of the R34 in early 1999. It showed the car with bare CF body panels (less the roof, which was not CF) in testing with Erik Comas.

My question is this--has anyone done this? I haven't seen anything through searching at all. If so, I'd appreciate some advice, like if it's worth attempting or not. :screwy: It sounds like a different project, so I'm all up for it!:icon16:

I'd appreciate the input!

Daniel

I seen something but the 2001 test car, never seen the '99.

racer93
01-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKSSJTTtt-s) the link for the youtube video...it has english subtitles. Not very clear, but it's visible enough.

MPWR
01-16-2008, 11:16 AM

Why wouldn't it be worth attempting? :dunno: If you're into the CF look and up for covering the body with decals, do it! It won't be any harder than an Enzo to cover.

If you like it, make it happen.

racer93
01-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Why wouldn't it be worth attempting? :dunno: If you're into the CF look and up for covering the body with decals, do it! It won't be any harder than an Enzo to cover.

Well, I've never done anything like this before. Plus, if it has never been done before, there must be a reason for it...that's what makes me a bit nervous, you know?

tonioseven
01-16-2008, 03:07 PM

I concur :sunglasse The largest hurdle would be to acquire all of the decal sheets to perform the build:grinyes: Go for it!!:smokin:

MPWR
01-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, I've never done anything like this before. Plus, if it has never been done before, there must be a reason for it...that's what makes me a bit nervous, you know?

No worries. If no one else has done it, it means that no one else has thought of it or gotten around to it. If you like the car, there's absolutely no reason not to try it- whether or not it's been done before.

CFing a whole body is a challenge, but it's definitely possible. Lots of people have done it. The Skyline body is probably easier than a number of other kits that other people have fully CFed. Give it a try- you'll certainly learn alot, and you could end up with a spectacular and unique build.

Add your comment to this topic!