Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lion Roar Car PE Detail Sets

archerwin
01-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi guys. Just want to ask for feedback regarding Lion Roar PE sets. They have some detail sets for popular cars both europeans and japanese. I know Lion Roar are well known for PE detail sets for Armor, but I'm not that familiar on the Car detail sets.

Appreciate any feedback. Their detail sets are less expensive compared to Crazy Modeller or Studio 27 sets.

thanks!

-erwin

sam01contact
01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
I have used Lion Roar Sets in Bikes and racecars, and they are very good. They are a great choice if you only want to put basic detail without spending too much (time and money) for every rivet yo can see in the model.

Only 2 cons I must mention: The frets are thicker than other brands (studio 27, scale motorsports), and I think they use brass in all their sets, so be prepared to prime and paint all parts.

Hope this info helps!

klutz_100
01-15-2008, 02:12 PM
I have just been using the LR p/e set for the Revell 612 Scaglietti and my overall impression is very good.

The set was comprehensive, well detailed and contained a lot of "goodies" in the form of extra logos and scripts.

Perhaps most importantly, the fit of teh pieces was PERFECT (which is more than I can say for some other sets I have used from eg MFH, S27, CM, Acustion etc)

This particular set had one fret in brass and one fret in nickel silver (I guess).

In this particular set my only negative comments are that on most of the pieces they did not really leave enough space around the parts (and they could/should have done) to easily cut them off with scissors. Cutting them off with a knife is quite tough because, as said above, the sheets are quite thick - but not excessively so.

The design of the callipers on the rotors is rather strange in this set - it is made up of a "sandwich" of 6-7 pieces

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/klutz100/WIPs/612%20China%20Tour/WIP/lion-roar-rotors.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/klutz100/WIPs/612%20China%20Tour/WIP/lion-roar-rotors_02.jpg

HTH

hirofkd
01-15-2008, 09:19 PM
I only have a set for Revell's 612, so I don't know about other sets, but like Klutz_100 said, it's very good.

archerwin
01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
^Sam, Klutz,
thanks for the feedback!!! :)

i'm lookingn at Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, Enzo, F50, 911GT and Mclaren SLR sets. hopefully someone here might have used these sets. :)

willster127
01-16-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm using one on a YZR 500 and it is really nice, like someone already mentioned though, it is all brass so everything has to be painted.

Add your comment to this topic!