Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

spec stage 3 clutch ?..

95DodgeAvenger95
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
has any one installed the spec clutches from 3sx? im looking at maybe getting the spec stage 3 but was wondering if they are any good. also has any one done a clutch swap them selves? what all is involved? i called a dealer and they said it would be 850 in labor if i supplied everything, i dont really wanna pay that much but need to know what all is involved.. do u need to pull the motor or anything?

jason_bet
01-15-2008, 11:36 AM
has any one installed the spec clutches from 3sx? im looking at maybe getting the spec stage 3 but was wondering if they are any good. also has any one done a clutch swap them selves? what all is involved? i called a dealer and they said it would be 850 in labor if i supplied everything, i dont really wanna pay that much but need to know what all is involved.. do u need to pull the motor or anything?

Spec's are good but I would go with RPS MAX That is what I have in my car and I love it.. and I did the clutch myself.. what all do you want to know? it's way easyer if you have a lift.. so you can drop the trans out the bottem

Jason

95DodgeAvenger95
01-15-2008, 02:24 PM
i do not have a lift.. so is it still possible to do with out a lift? how hard is it to drop the tranny? i would emagine that its gonan be alot harder w/o a lift but i dont have one so yea.. im stuck with floor jacks haha. ill end up getting one of those 2 clutches i just dont wanna pay some one 850 to do it for me id rather take the weekend off and do it my self if its nots to hard to do.., are there any write ups on droping the tranny by chance? how long do u think it took to do and on a scale of 1-10 how hard to u think 1 being easy obviously.

Also with the rps max clutch how much heavier is the clutch pedal now from stock feel?

jason_bet
01-15-2008, 02:35 PM
ok for me to do my clutch it took me like 7-9 hours (of actual work not gooffing off) and I had a lift.. Now the first time I did the clutch It took me the whole weekend.. I pulled the motor and tranny and did it all outside of the car.. do you have a cherry picker? honestly if you can take something apart and put it back togeather. you should be good.. if your not good at remembering that kind of stuff.. you might be in trouble..

Jason

And it depends on how good your clutch booster is working..

95DodgeAvenger95
01-15-2008, 02:38 PM
i dont have a cherry picker but i know some one that does that i could borrow it from and yea im pretty good at at taking stuff apart and back together again, so with out a lift i need to pull the whole motor? any advice lol

jason_bet
01-15-2008, 04:18 PM
IDK what every one else does.. but thats what i do.. I can pull the motor faster then i can drop the trans.. but I have done that like 20 times.. vrs the one time doing just the trans..

Jason

Stealthee
01-15-2008, 06:41 PM
IDK what every one else does.. but thats what i do.. I can pull the motor faster then i can drop the trans.. but I have done that like 20 times.. vrs the one time doing just the trans..

Jason
You can drop the trans out the bottom without a lift. Its almost impossible to get it out of the top anyways. I can do a trans swap on a 3s in 3 - 4hours. Then again I had about 5 trans pulls just in 07.

Morphius289
01-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Long live 2007 :banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!