Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What kind of Friggin' Car should I buy ?

Slaphappydrums
01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
So right now we're driving our 84 Toyota Van to death , it a great van but it's starting to cost too much too often. We're using it as a work vehicle to haul drums and the booth that we sell our drums out of. We're hoping to find another Toyota Van , but they stopped making them so anything we find'll be pretty old , and most people who get them seem to hold on to them till the bitter end (like me)..............So my question is what can I get that'll hold the gear , needs to be the approx length of the Toyota (for the booth) , have the gas mileage & handle like the Toyota but not be too big (big Vans won't work my wife hated our old Econoline) also my wife has become addicted to the Toyota Van's complete lack of front end (like a school bus) so if we can find something that that has a small nose that'd be good too. We test drove a Pontiac Montana that seemed OK , and we've thought about AstroVans and the Extended Dodge Caravan , but we're open to suggestions at this point
Also we have a Ford Ranger that my wife considers just a little too big , but she will drive it , just as a size reference.
So any suggestions would be great , thanks

sickcallawayc12
01-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Heh heh, my grandma used to have one of those vans long time ago. Maybe a Sienna (the replacement minivan)?

I hear that the tranny in the Mopar minivans really sucks so i'd check that out before considering them.

I doubt you would like the Astro Van. Consider it more like a truck/full size van rather than a minivan. It has the same 4.3 V6 I have in my Blazer and you aren't gonna like its fuel economy. All the fellow GM folk I know usually buy these 4.3 vehicles for all that torque that's available.:smokin:

Add your comment to this topic!