Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Low Oil Pressure light???

chief7398
01-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi, new to this forum page and I need help?

I have a 2001 Olds Silohuette Premiere and I just started having some issues. It has approx. 122,000 miles on it.

My Low Oil Pressure lights comes on and chimes sporadically. It will come on and chime for a few seconds and then go off and the other times it will come on and not go off at all. I was thinking that it could be a bad sensor since I haven't noticed any power or performance issues. Just very annoying!

Also my fuel gauge is not working properly. It either reads full or empty, no in between. And also, my van has the automatic air ride system in the rear and I noticed that the pump is not working now. Has anyone heard of this problem and is it some thing that I can simply fix by replacing the pump.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks, Mike

rockwood84
01-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi, new to this forum page and I need help?

I have a 2001 Olds Silohuette Premiere and I just started having some issues. It has approx. 122,000 miles on it.

My Low Oil Pressure lights comes on and chimes sporadically. It will come on and chime for a few seconds and then go off and the other times it will come on and not go off at all. I was thinking that it could be a bad sensor since I haven't noticed any power or performance issues. Just very annoying!

Also my fuel gauge is not working properly. It either reads full or empty, no in between. And also, my van has the automatic air ride system in the rear and I noticed that the pump is not working now. Has anyone heard of this problem and is it some thing that I can simply fix by replacing the pump.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks, Mike mike, oil pressure sending unit is bad or the connector loose. as for the fuel gauge this could be fuelpump getting ready to fail as my fuel gauge went nuts before the fuelpump went out. as for the air compressor in the back it has a fuse it is elc on mine but could be air in your year it will be 30 amp or 25 amp as in mine . mine was in the dash fuse box on passenger side . there is a connector in the floor board under the driversside sliding door that the fuel tank wires run thru it is called a passthru box most of the time this box gets corroded inside and this can break the connection to fuel gauge.

Add your comment to this topic!