Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to replace fog lamp on 05' Impreza Outback Sport

jeff11214
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I bought the replacement fog lamp bulb for my 2005 Impreza Outback Sport. Can someone explain how to replace it or have a link to a schematic?

Thank you

Mojo_stevo
01-24-2008, 12:48 PM
I bought the replacement fog lamp bulb for my 2005 Impreza Outback Sport. Can someone explain how to replace it or have a link to a schematic?

Thank you

Are they the big foglights?

With my '05 WRX, I had to get under the front and pop down the plastic scrape/splash guard that attaches to the bumper. Once that is down it exposed the back of the fog lights as well as the 2 bolts that hold each of them on. Use your ratchet to take the bolts out.

If your version has plastic trim around the lights, then use a small flathead and gently pry the cover off. Pry from the side that faces the middle of the car (you'll see a small notch). Carefull is the key to not chipping or scratching the paint.

If yours dosn't have shrouds/trim, then the lights should just slide forwards and out of the bumper once the bolts are out. The back of the light should just twist off exposing the blub.

DO NOT touch the bulb glass with your fingers, the oil on your skin will heat up and blow the bulb when it's turned on.

FYI. in the future don't waste your money buying the bulb at Subaru (if that's what you did). Go to the link below, regular h3's are only like 6 bucks each, and they last a good amount of time.
www.autolumination.com

Add your comment to this topic!