Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ls1 ^_^

KenOhki2112
01-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you all know My LS1 has just arrived, it's getting dropped into my 240 early febuary, the swap should be all done by early march! I'll keep you all posted since I'm _SURE_ you're all dying to know >.>

For those who don't know I will be attempting to certify the swap here in CA for our nazi smog laws! hahahahahahahahaha!

even if that works though I only have a 0% chance of traction. =\
wooooo!!

MetalHeadZaid
01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
sounds good buddy! good luck and get us some pics!

93-240SX-COUPE
01-12-2008, 10:22 AM
For those who don't know I will be attempting to certify the swap here in CA for our nazi smog laws! hahahahahahahahaha!

That is a joke, right? right!?

KenOhki2112
01-12-2008, 01:38 PM
That is a joke, right? right!?

Nope, I'm pretty confident it will pass, might take a couple trips to the smog ref though.

93-240SX-COUPE
01-13-2008, 11:05 AM
But if the sr20, which actually came in the car isnt legal, how are you going to get another engine that isnt even made by the same manufacturer passed?

Or are u just gonna pay someone to pass it?

KenOhki2112
01-13-2008, 01:25 PM
But if the sr20, which actually came in the car isnt legal, how are you going to get another engine that isnt even made by the same manufacturer passed?

Or are u just gonna pay someone to pass it?

SR20DET,can never pass in CA because the engine was not released in america and thusly the proper emissions equipment does not exist. The LS1 does however have proper smog equipment. Also, manufacturer of the engine has no relevance to the smog check, the only requirement for CA is that the engine you're swapping in must be newer than the chassi.

I'm not suggesting that it will be a breeze to pass this thing, might take a couple trips to the smog ref, but I don't forsee any problem that small amounts of money and large amounts of time can't fix.

driftking777
01-13-2008, 01:36 PM
easy to pass a ls1 though smog, dual cats, dual muffs (or if your going single exhaust) one cat, one resonator, and then one muff. should pass with no issues.

~Nick

MetalHeadZaid
01-14-2008, 01:01 AM
i remember seeing some info on a ls1 swap kit which was supposed to be fully 50 state/carb legal. not sure what forum but you can probably dig it up if you look around.

Add your comment to this topic!