Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rebuild time

rking828
01-10-2008, 06:59 PM
ok its finally time to rebuild engine.need some advice on what and where to buy parts for engine. i want to make good power and be pretty bullet proof. should i go with better internals or stick with stock. of course im upgrading turbo and fuel system. probably gonna have block and head machined too. so any help would be great. i wanna do it right the first time. thanks

TcmaBoy
01-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Step 1:

Figure out what you will actually be doing with the car.

Step 2:

Set reasonable power goals based on how you will actually use the car.

Step 3:

This is really important, forget what your power goals actually are and figure out how much money you have to spend. Then cut that number in half (you WILL go over budget). This is how much power you can afford.

Step 4:

Find a local shop and bring money (you have to pay to play).

rking828
01-12-2008, 02:03 PM
what brands of internals should i look for. i would really like it to be bullet proof. so should i stay with stock stuff or go ahead and spend the extra money on good stuff so i dont have to go into it again. 400 or so horsepower would be great. so should i use je forged pistonsand rods or just stock. oversize valves or stock. its gonna take a while but money is not a problem. hopefully by summer time it will be running again. thanks

TcmaBoy
01-12-2008, 05:09 PM
See step 4.

Step 4:

Find a local shop and bring money.

Add your comment to this topic!