Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'94 Camry Shifter Indicator Bulb

ice745
01-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Sorry, I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but I could not get any good search results.

On the instrument panel, there are the indicator lights to show which "gear" you're in - P R N D 2 1. My [D] light is out which isn't a big deal, just annoys me - the little things.

I will be able to get the dash taken apart, I am just wondering about the bulb before I do this. Is the replacement bulb easy to find, or is it something special I have to get from Toyota? If anyone has done this before, is the socket easy to modify to adapt a different bulb or even LED? (if the original bulbs are hard to find or dealer priced only)

I apologize for the questions before I attempt it, I just want to avoid taking it apart to put it back together to go to the store to take it apart again. Thanks.

JennyDee
01-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I've relplaced the indicator bulb a few months ago in my 95. I don't have the bulb number, but your best bet is to contact your local Toyota Parts department and purchase it from them. Its much smaller in size than the 194 or other type bulbs, and to the best of my knowledge is not found in aftermarket parts stores. You may want to consider replacing most of them in that tree, since you are already in their. If you don't want to purchase the bulb, then just switch out the "D" and "1" bulb. There should be many more hours of run time on that "1" bulb as the "D" location has logged a zillion hours.

ice745
01-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the reply! That is a genius idea, replacing the D with the 1 bulb.

Add your comment to this topic!