Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electrical Lighting Possessed/89 B-250

Burger Boy
01-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I am at my witts end with this and if anyone can shed some light it would be greatly appreciated.:screwy:

Brake light do not work at rear of vehicle at all. When brake pedal is depressed, rear interior lights come on. When right signal is activated, left rear interior light flashes... in addition right front signal flashes brightly, left front flashes dim. Note this is when the headlights are off. When the left signal is activated with the headlights off the front left flashes, nothing at rear. When the headlights are on and left signal is activated, the left signal indicator stays on solid and does not flash. When the right signal is activated with headlights on, it appears that the four ways are on, as well the dash lights flash in sequence with the signal. Fuel gauge is also reading way below empty although tank is full. Map light is not working at all and did previous to all this starting. Please Help!!!!:banghead:

Burger Boy
01-09-2008, 12:28 PM
After many hours of tedious tracing and head banging:banghead: dead ends I have found the problem. The harness that runs to the back of the vehicle right below the drivers seat foot compartment had seven and corroded wires. Spliced all these wires and everything has returned to normal. Hopefully this will help someone else in the joys of dodge wiring Grrrrr

Add your comment to this topic!