Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stolen car advice needed please

fredadeniau
01-09-2008, 08:51 AM
hello, I really need some help my daughters Volkswagon Polo yr 2001 was stolen yesterday luckily it was found very quickly, in fairly good condition, the drivers door lock had been forced for entry, but the mystery is that the steering lock hadn't been brocken but was driven away, when we got the car back we put the key in off it went? I have contacted the dealers and they say its impossible that the thief must have had a key, we have always had two keys and still have them, the car isn't lent to anyone else either. Also why go the the bother of breaking the door lock to get in when they had the key for the ignition? This a real problem as we arn't sure what to do now?
Is there some new tool that car thieves use to start cars, also the key is coded, any advice would be greatly appreciated
freda

MagicRat
01-09-2008, 08:36 PM
IMO any thief smart enough to start the car with no key and without damaging the column would be able to open a locked door without damage. It's not difficult if you know what to do.

IMO the thief had a key .... or the car was towed away by a tow truck, not driven.

Add your comment to this topic!