Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Enzo Ferrari Giallo Modena (Questions)

michael lambert
01-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Hey everyone,

So while i work on some more basic screw models and get all my newbie scewups out of the way i am collecting the nessary products and supplies needed to complete my Enzo Ferrari Giallo Modena.

What i would like to know is what do i need?

1) I bought the Yellow kit, only because i allways see the Ferrari's in red and i love the yellow look. Using the Tamiya paints whats the correct color? is it just straight yellow?

2) What are these "photo Etched" parts? What do they do, where do i find them? And are they worth the trouble of ordering and having shipped possibly 1/2 way across the world?

freakray
01-08-2008, 09:20 AM
The kit should tell you which is the correct yellow for the model, it should list TS-16 in the instructions as the Tamiya paint match.

As for the photo etch parts, you can source them from any of the following:
http://www.stradasports.com
http://www.hiroboy.com
http://www.hlj.com
You can look for photo etch details from Scalemotorsports, Acustion or Studio27 depending on how much you wish to spend.
As to what they do, they replace certain kit parts with enhanced metal parts and other things such as emblems, grilles etc

As previously mentioned, check out some of the threads in the WIP section, you will be able to see what the P/E sets do in those threads.

wouter1981
01-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey everyone,

So while i work on some more basic screw models and get all my newbie scewups out of the way i am collecting the nessary products and supplies needed to complete my Enzo Ferrari Giallo Modena.

What i would like to know is what do i need?

1) I bought the Yellow kit, only because i allways see the Ferrari's in red and i love the yellow look. Using the Tamiya paints whats the correct color? is it just straight yellow?

2) What are these "photo Etched" parts? What do they do, where do i find them? And are they worth the trouble of ordering and having shipped possibly 1/2 way across the world?

1) the correct yellow.. that's a hard one. I never try to "match" the original colour, I just pick a colour I like. Paint looks different according to light (sunlight or a light bulb). Even the scale is important. The larger the surface you paint, the lighter the paint will look. So it's really hard say when you have the right colour.

2) Photo etched parts are parts made out of really thin metal. They are used to add detail... but to be honest, I've build the Tamiya Enzo and the photo-etched parts don't add a lot of extra unless you want to build a really detailled model. The standard kit has already lots of details.

michael lambert
01-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Excellent,

I was kind of hoping to not use the TS paint and use an airbrush when it comes time, but i guess the TS paint is just as good.

As for the photo etched? What is the point of it? I mean what does it do replace the plastic part?

Spike2933
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM

1.) looks in the directions and see what color Yellow Tamiya recommends to use. TS-16 is just Yellow, you can go with a darker shade of yellow with TS-23 Camel Yellow also. so the choice is up to you

2.) PE are upgrade pieces to help a model stand out (brakes, vents, etc...) since real cars don't have plastic brakes, they bring out the detail when you look through the rims an d you see nice shiney metal looking brakes. not using PE won't dimish anything you want to accomplish. its just an upgrade set that demands more patience

gionc
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Giallo Modena VS TS: both wrong (The pennzoil Nismo would be Pearl Yellow, the Alpine Renault F1 Yellow, I done the Carlberson Alpine with the right yellow) but useful now: Skyline is painted with TS16, Alpine with custom mixed Lechler original Giallo Modena.

The difference is noticeable a bit more at naked eye: basically TS16 is a pure yellow, a bit warm, so with a bit of magenta(red) inside; Giallo Modena is a bit cool and dark, so with a bit of Cyan(blue) and Black inside)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/gionc/X29A/CIMG6129.jpg

About PE I own several Enzo's sets: I reccomend the great Crazy Modeler set. Acu's set isn't the best (but also the older) but Acu Stion shocks are worth the money: great to me.

I purchased some basic original Ferrari colors in 200 or 500 cc jar, not cheap stuff: should be great buy them from Hiroboy in 60cc jar, pre thinned and cheap.

freakray
01-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Michael,

Hiroboy.com sells the correct shade of yellow in his zero paints range.

michael lambert
01-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys,

I just placed an order from Hiroboy.com, God knows what i am going to end up paying for this thing. I grabbed the correct yellow paint nice they premix it for the airbrush. Grabbed a dozen or so other color tamiya paints as i neeed them anyways with some rubbing compound and wax. A few brushes and some Metal Ferrari emblems :D, and some carbon fiber decal sheets.

I am sure i will get screwed with customs and taxes entering the contry :D but should be well worth it!

Enzoenvy1
01-08-2008, 11:38 AM
This is ts-16 sprayed over white primer:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/bluej/models2005.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!