Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 3.3L no Spark

Lvfirebird70
01-07-2008, 12:39 PM
95 Dodge Intrepid 3.3L Car just died and has not started since. Trouble code is no cam signal to PCM. Changed the coil pack, cam and crank sensor! Then I spent 4 hours pulling the timing cover off to check the chain and the timing on it. It's all good! So I am stumped and can not fain much about the 3.3L with no spark. But the 3.5's are all over the net. I hate to rplace the PCM since I do the no start test and when i crank the engine my test light will light up from the signal for the cam sensor. Need some direction?

bigj-dog
01-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Check the basic first, spark, fuel and compression
Probably check spark first since it's easiest. You can back probe the wires to the coil pack to make sure they are getting a signal from the PCM. There are 4 wires if I remember right, one to energize the module and 1 each for the 2 pairs of opposite cylinders.

Just remembered-we had a '94 3.3 that died on occassion then would be fine again, ended up being the ground for the PCM under the airbox had corroded.

Lvfirebird70
01-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Check the basic first, spark, fuel and compression
Probably check spark first since it's easiest. You can back probe the wires to the coil pack to make sure they are getting a signal from the PCM. There are 4 wires if I remember right, one to energize the module and 1 each for the 2 pairs of opposite cylinders.

Just remembered-we had a '94 3.3 that died on occassion then would be fine again, ended up being the ground for the PCM under the airbox had corroded.

checked the compression and for spark and a signal from the PCM. All came back good. But the ground under the Battery I have not checked. Thanks!

bigj-dog
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Otherwise fuel pressure should be 46 running w/ vaccuum applied to fuel pressure regulator (that'll be tough to check if it doesn't run) and 55 with the vaccuum source removed. It should shoot up to 50 or so when you turn the key on as the pump runs it's 2 or 3 second prime sequence.

Lvfirebird70
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Otherwise fuel pressure should be 46 running w/ vaccuum applied to fuel pressure regulator (that'll be tough to check if it doesn't run) and 55 with the vaccuum source removed. It should shoot up to 50 or so when you turn the key on as the pump runs it's 2 or 3 second prime sequence.

fuel pressure ok also

Add your comment to this topic!