Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electrical issue

brownbagger1
01-06-2008, 02:09 PM
I have a 2001 LS. My fog lights and rear top/middle brake light suddenly stopped working. My left right brake lights work fine. Strange that this would happen at same time (on same circuit?). Does anyone know what this could be? Which fuse controls the fog lamps? Where is the harness connection for the rear deck middle brake light? How do you get to it?

shorod
01-06-2008, 06:36 PM
There is a fog light relay in the Auxillary Junction Box (underhood) that receives power from a 15-amp fuse (F1.03) in the same box.

The rear Center High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL) receives power from fuse F4.08 (10-amp) in the Battery Junction Box. So, there's no common link between the fog lights and the CHMSL other than the battery and the charging system.

I seem to remember access to the CHMSL being from the trunk. I think there is a clip that you release, the tilt the housing up and remove to replace the bulb. The service manual says you need to remove the carpeted package tray first, but I don't remember that being the case. If you can't figure it out, let me know and I'll take a look at my wife's LS.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!