Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

87 Supra non-turbo MAJOR battery drain.

twstice
01-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi, i have a 1987 Supra non turbo(7mge) with an automatic transmission.

I have rebuilt engine and its all back together and running fine, except i need an idle air control valve.

Now, what my major problem is i have a huge power drain coming from the big wire that connects to the positive battery terminal. The wire goes down into a bundle of wires that goes down in the driver side fender. It drains it so fast that the alternator can't even keep everything goin. (my alternator is brand new and has been tested)

If that wire is not connected then my car has no power at all. When you touch the wire to the battery then everything comes on but it also drains the battery soooo fast its ridiculous.

I think i must have a short or something somewhere. If anyone has had a similar problem or knows these symptoms, i would really appreciate any help. Thanks ahead of time.

Forgot to mention, it drains it so fast that the alternator can't even keep everything goin.

TcmaBoy
01-06-2008, 04:54 PM
All you can do is dig in and find the problem.

87turbogte
08-27-2008, 11:17 PM
did you ever figure out why your car supra wont charge? I have a 87 turbo that is doing the same thing. Just wondering if you could lead me in the right direction.

Add your comment to this topic!