Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 dodge front end HElp!!!

dwshort2
01-06-2008, 07:25 AM
my 98 dodge wobbles severely---almost feels like a flat tire on front driver's side. Any ideas on best bet to replace? Already did brakes cause they needed to be done...was going to do ball joints next, but wondered if there was a more likely culprit to check......

Slade901
01-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Look carefully on your tire threads. I've had a similar wobble issue on our vehicle. I though our car needed a front end alignment or wheel balancing but I noticed that the threads is not aligned properly anymore. I know the threads are somewhat zigzag pattern to begin with, but on our tire, instead of a uniform line of the zigzag threads, the threads were way to the left side and then back to the middle again. I think the threads failed due to previous plug repair done by the repair shop. New Tires and the cars drives fine.

rockwood84
01-09-2008, 11:25 AM
have you jacked it up and see if you could shake the tire/rim to see if the bearing is bad or something loose ? could be anything from broke belt in the tire ,bent rim, loose lugnuts, bearing worn out, tierod end .

Add your comment to this topic!