Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ANOTHER problem with my sound systen

quackmandude
01-05-2008, 08:22 PM
i posted a thread about my rear speaker wire colors but i have nother problem. for some reason i getweird static in my front speakers when the volumes a lil high. i even changed speakers and the new one did the same thing. im thinking a looses connection, pinched wire or something but ichecked all the connections and they were all fine. im starting to thnk its a bad deck but i dunno. has anyone else had this problem. this isnt limited to 3s just a general knowledge about sound systems, tahnks

Crackhedbob341
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
does it sound like a guitar amp that's just turned on? if you mean there's no music, and it just sounds like the amp, then it happens to me too if the volume is up too high.

quackmandude
01-06-2008, 12:24 AM
guitar amp. the music come on. but the volumes not even that high, just mid rage to low. people have been telling me that the grounds not good enough. the ground only goes to some metal right behind the das. but ima run a bigger gauge wire to a better ground tomm and try and fix it. also putting a 75 shot, hehe

new2mitsu
01-06-2008, 02:12 AM
i doubt its just ground. maybe actually re run the speaker wires. the stock ones are crap anyway. some nice 14 guage from deck to speakers. if u are running high power, or volume, you'd be surprised how much of a difference you might actually notice

quackmandude
01-06-2008, 07:58 PM
well ima try the ground, if that doesnt change anything then ill rerun the speaker wires. i havent hooked up the rear speakers tho cuz i juts found out the colors of the wires. when i hook them up, if they dont static then il know that its the wires,

Crackhedbob341
01-07-2008, 12:19 PM
sometimes if the tape button is selected, and runs backwards, it makes the volume really low with the amp like noise in the background. but i doubt the tape is selected

quackmandude
01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
tape?? like cassette tape? no. its a touchscreen, lol. no tae. update tho. i re did the ground straght to the batterys ground. and still made the static. i connected the rear speakers and they did the same thing. soooo im pretttty sure its the stereo. 2maro ima swap with my friends and see if it works goos. if itdoes ima take it back to best buy and get another

Add your comment to this topic!