Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Rendevouz - Engine tries to start but won't turn over

stlangel
01-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi, I have a 2002 Buick Rendevouz that I recently purchased. A few days ago my fuel gauges were not displaying the accurate fuel levels. I have a digital fuel guage that tells me how many miles are left to empty as well as the normal fuel guage. Both would vary dramatically and then would tell me I had Low Fuel even though I put gasoline in it. After the car had gasoline in it, the Fuel gauges still would not move from Low Fuel. A day after that, the car will not start now. It tries to start and all of the electronic guages inside the car work. It will crank and crank and try to start, however, will not completely start. The car still says Low Fuel even though I put four gallons of gasoline in it after it died (just in case the car really had Low Fuel since I never knew exactly how much gasoline I had left in the car since the guages weren't working). I put in Heet to evaporate any water or moisture in the fuel tank since the temperatures have been close to or below 10 degrees at night. This did not help. Could my fuel pump be bad or is there something else that might be wrong? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Chameleon-kat
01-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Not sure about the vous, but on the pontiac version some owners have had a problem with a wireing harness that involves both the fuel pump and fuel gauge (plus other things toward rear of vehicle). In the pontiac, this harness is on drivers side (underneath vehicle) and exits cabin just to the rear of seat. The problem is it can allow water intrusion and subsequent corrosion of connections. I don't think I've heard of it in the vous, but its possible perhaps.

Add your comment to this topic!