Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 liberty awd wagon air suspension problems

jaxsubi
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
After bottoming out heavily the rear air struts seemed to slowly deflate and the car became really bouncy,the height control switch then couldnt determine the height and ride levels with arrows flashing up and down constantly,when the ignition is turned on the compressor for the air struts starts but will only work for a couple of seconds.So if it's getting power is there any way to easily know if its a problem like a broken air line or that the rear struts are dead,please help.....

vel
02-22-2008, 06:01 AM
After bottoming out heavily the rear air struts seemed to slowly deflate and the car became really bouncy,the height control switch then couldnt determine the height and ride levels with arrows flashing up and down constantly,when the ignition is turned on the compressor for the air struts starts but will only work for a couple of seconds.So if it's getting power is there any way to easily know if its a problem like a broken air line or that the rear struts are dead,please help.....

You need new suspension mate. No ifs or buts about it. Ring around for heaps of quotes. Mine cost $1600 (Australian money) to fix .
Yeah mine just lost all air on the way to work which was a 40 minute drive there and 40 minutes back home. My back was stuffed.
At least you get new suspension.

Add your comment to this topic!