Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Clover Field

ned032002
01-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Saw the trailer for this movie and now I really want to see it. Any one else drawn in like am?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvNkGm8mxiM

JoeShmoe
01-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Yeah, but I think they are building it up so much that when it debuts its gonna fall way below expectations.:2cents:

ned032002
01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I like the hand held video camera idea, also since in the previews you don't see the "monster", it forces you to use your imagination. I mean in order for something to be big enough and strong enough to hit the head off of the Statue of Liberty, it must be pretty damn big. So anyway, I plan to go see this one and I will share my feelings on the movie after I have seen it.

SilvrEclipse
01-05-2008, 01:04 AM
It may be alright. I think it could go either way

MazdaX
01-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Looks like a potentially promising movie. When I seen the head of the statue of liberty go flying off in a trailer before the new one that shows a weird shadow I was guessing it had to be huge and was leaning torwards another version of the Godzilla =D

Godzilla vs. Mothra with 2008 special effects XD

JoeShmoe
01-05-2008, 11:25 AM
My buddy told me what it is about "exactly." Its not Godzilla, sorray about that, I like him a lot too. My lil brother has all this stuff about him, movies, toys, collectables, etc. Anyway its a diffferent creature and ..................wait......I'm not giving it away:lol2:

MazdaX
01-05-2008, 03:39 PM
I know its not godzilla now that I seen the second trailer that has a screen shot of something manish looking or whatever but a new Godzilla would be right on.

david-b
01-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I think it looks like Godzilla (the 1995 or whatever release) PLUS Blair Witch Project with the handheld camera the whole way. I want to see it, BUT I'm thinking it may actually suck pretty bad.

ned032002
01-06-2008, 01:36 AM
I don't want to know what it looks like right now, my imagination is creating something very big, strong, and ugly as hell. Can't wait to go see this one.

JoeShmoe
01-06-2008, 03:48 PM
I think it looks like Godzilla (the 1995 or whatever release) PLUS Blair Witch Project with the handheld camera the whole way. I want to see it, BUT I'm thinking it may actually suck pretty bad.

Its gonna go down in flames:evillol:

L-Spec
01-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Well, at least he didn't actually have to go to Japan to see any monsters :) The trailer doesn't appeal to me much though.. it leaves waaaay too much to the imagination for me to be hooked. Hell, puppets could drop out of helicoptors and it could end up being Team America 2.

Side note: Now I remember where I first saw this! Transformers!

JoeShmoe
01-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Holy shit guys, this movie was the bomb! As far as films go, it is unprecidented. The blair witch project has nothing on this movie, definately the most innovative movie of 08! You are in the movie from the moment its starts, you make friends witht the characters as you go along with them. Check it out, scary as hell.

L-Spec
01-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Are you serious? I thought the movie was absolute garbage. You don't learn anything about the monster, and you see it for four minutes total tops! I've only learned things about it from reading up on scenes that were left out of the film. The monster looked like it was brainstormed by a class of six year olds. I'm sorry, but all that hype was not worth it. The visuals and special effects, however, were A+.

JoeShmoe
01-21-2008, 06:53 AM
Well the monster was crap, but I'm saying just the concept was awesome. The idea of just having on side of the story was IMO fucking sweet. I did not ask questions cause I knew there would not be answers.

As far as the acting, I thought that was poop also. But you have to agree that you feel like you're part of the party?

L-Spec
01-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah i guess so. They did drag on the party a bit though, I was sitting there thinking: When the hell is this party going to end! Let's see the good stuff! I really did feel like I was there 90% of the movie though, which is pretty damn good. The sound effects and visuals definitely did their job. The acting was okay, I thought, especially since they weren't A-listers. The actor who played HUD was good though, even if most of his lines were pretty cheesey.

JoeShmoe
01-21-2008, 10:47 AM
I really did feel like I was there 90% of the movie though, which is pretty damn good. The sound effects and visuals definitely did their job. The acting was okay, I thought, especially since they weren't A-listers. The actor who played HUD was good though, even if most of his lines were pretty cheesey.

You got that right, its just a good bovie when it came to effects and audio. Anyone else going to see it?

david-b
01-22-2008, 06:55 PM
...definately the most innovative movie of 08!

You do know that 08 just started right?
And eventually I will go maybe.

Black99GST
01-22-2008, 10:37 PM
saw it today! and it was AWESOME! i mean, the feeling of how it was filmed is really WAY better then any other movie i have ever seen! it was so intense! acting was "so so", the "monster" sucked! but all in all, well worth the gas/tickets/and sneeking in candy for wallgreens... i would actually consider seeing it again! all in all, i give it a 8.5 out of 10... but only because the monster sucked, and the acting was corney... other then that, it would be a ten!

Killa
01-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Gay !

JoeShmoe
01-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Gay !

C'mon killa, it was good man. I give it a 9.0:grinyes: If it wasn't for the monster, it would have been a 10.0!!!

david-b
01-23-2008, 08:48 AM
C'mon killa, it was good man. I give it a 9.0:grinyes: If it wasn't for the monster, it would have been a 10.0!!!

That's funny because the whole thing IS the monster.

JoeShmoe
01-23-2008, 09:32 AM
That's funny because the whole thing IS the monster.

LOL. i feel like i should be getting paid for advertising this movie so much.

david-b
01-23-2008, 09:47 AM
LOL. i feel like i should be getting paid for advertising this movie so much.

If only we got paid for what we love doing. Like: :twak: :nutkick: :pimp: :pimp: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :killbarne

and of course...
:boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink:

JoeShmoe
01-23-2008, 09:51 AM
If only we got paid for what we love doing. Like: :twak: :nutkick: :pimp: :pimp: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :killbarne

and of course...
:boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink:

the smileys, can't anything compare to the smileys, LOL. Where are the ones that were in the bed porking, LOL. Those were so good man.

Killa
01-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Let see if I can convic my wife to leave, the kids at my parent house and go see this movie with me this weekent, I be back....

JoeShmoe
01-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Let see if I can convic my wife to leave, the kids at my parent house and go see this movie with me this weekent, I be back....

Hell yeah, go for it. Good Luck!!!

Blackcrow64
01-26-2008, 12:35 AM
So I just saw this movie tonight. I have mixed feelings about it. I thought it was visually appealing and the CGI was very well done considering the style it was filmed in. That style actually makes it so much harder to match up the CGI, but at the same time all the motion makes little details less noticeable... I have to admit, all the camera spinning and shit made me pretty sick at times and I got dizzy. The story was there, but they needed to build on it a little more than what they did. The ending about made me sick, I knew that's exactly what was gonna happen. They almost set it up for a possible sequel, but who knows...

All in all, it was a good low budget movie. It just needed some of the kinks worked out of it and a little more in depth story than what it was.

steviek
01-26-2008, 01:12 AM
yea i agree with brian but I wanted to note at the end how I was dissapointed that the thing didn't get any closure. I guess they are setting up for a sequel but we will see.

Blackcrow64
01-26-2008, 11:02 AM
I guess they are setting up for a sequel but we will see.
That is what I was thinking too... I certainly hope that they do the next one better if they do a sequel.

JoeShmoe
01-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Well I think it did a whole lot better than the Blair Witch Project.

L-Spec
01-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Well I think it did a whole lot better than the Blair Witch Project.

Yeah? I actually liked BWP more, just because it kept me in suspense for most of the film. Cloverfield, on the other hand, was extremely predictable. I remember first watching BWP in my basement of my parent's house.. after seeing the ending, I could not sleep at all! It just seemed so real it was beliveable. If there were to be a sequal to Cloverfield, I'd wait for it to come on dvd/blueray before I saw it.

JoeShmoe
01-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah? I actually liked BWP more, just because it kept me in suspense for most of the film. Cloverfield, on the other hand, was extremely predictable. I remember first watching BWP in my basement of my parent's house.. after seeing the ending, I could not sleep at all! It just seemed so real it was beliveable. If there were to be a sequal to Cloverfield, I'd wait for it to come on dvd/blueray before I saw it.

well i didn't go into the theatre with questions on my mind. I knew a lot of the stuff would be unanswered you i just didn't expect much at all. maybe thats why i thought it was good.

Blackcrow64
01-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Cloverfield, on the other hand, was extremely predictable.
So true... I was able to guess nearly every "suspenseful" scene. :disappoin

tfoti
01-27-2008, 01:08 AM
The whole theater I was in tonight was silent when it ended. Sort of a "WTF" atmosphere. So I lightened the place up with a "Well I hope they're OK!"...I thought it was funny.

ned032002
01-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Haha that's great...I thought it was funny too.

JoeShmoe
01-27-2008, 01:42 PM
That was a good one. Who is going to watch the sequal?

Add your comment to this topic!