Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cpiker1 tail light issues

cpiker1
01-02-2008, 02:35 PM
1995 s-10 head lights work fine front turn signals work fine but very slow or not at all when the head lites are on. The back tail lites are very dim and only work when head lites are off and both blink very dim also license plate lites blink as well the flasher still clicks and fuses are fine could this be one of the relays in the glove box?

old_master
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Poor or nonexistant ground. Most likely in the rear of the vehicle, underneath. Check all of the ground wires that go to the frame. If I had to guess: someone hooked up a trailer wiring harness and the ground connection corroded and broke the ground wire to the frame.

cpiker1
01-02-2008, 05:11 PM
ckecked ground strap its ok. dont see any sign of ther ever being awiring harness it almost seems to be coming from the turn signal lever

old_master
01-02-2008, 05:40 PM
There are several grounds that all come together in a splice pack near the rear bumper. Just for grins and giggles, run a jumper wire from the license lite socket ground wire to the frame. Post your results.

cpiker1
01-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Well I went under the back end and found the splice pack and also noticed that ther was a ground also . It looked fine but when I tugged on it it snapped right off. I fixed it and guess what! everything works fine now. Thankyou very much.

old_master
01-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Glad I could help.

Add your comment to this topic!