Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

E46 M3 vs Z4 vs 350z

jameschang
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I am looking to sell my Acura TL this spring and getting something more exciting to drive. I use to have a G35 coupe, and that car was alot of fun to drive. I would love something exotic like a Lotus Elise, or a Z06 Corvette; but reality is there's snow several months of the year here in Toronto. And this HAS to be my daily driver.

So I've narrowed it down to 3 cars. Oddly enough 2 of the cars here were cars I was looking at when I got the G coupe.

The 350z is very similar to the G, same VQ engine, same great exhaust note, but would it be too similar to the G? And is that even a bad thing?

The Z4 is a car I would buy purely on emotions. It's a convertible, and I love convertibles. But it wouldn't be that fun during winter. It's a great emotional car, but underperforms when compared to the other two. And sometimes...just sometimes, I don't feel like being seen. You know, wake up, still got bed hair, pillow creases all over your face still...you get in the car, and all you want is a coffee....no need to be seen in a convertible, lol.

The E46 M3 is probably the all around best car. It has 4 seats, handles, accelerates, performs like a dream. The only downside is perhaps it doesn't stir the emotions visually as the other two cars.

What are your comments on these three cars? Which one will I never tire of? Will give me the most fun? Most importantly, will bring back the excitement of waking up, and getting anxious and hurried in the shower, because I can't wait to just get in the car and drive.

noobkiller90
02-18-2008, 11:23 PM
m3 all the way

noobkiller90
02-18-2008, 11:23 PM
if it snows in toronto get a snowplow

speed5676
02-23-2008, 10:02 PM
as long as its not a rear wheel drive, it will work

BurntGauge
02-23-2008, 10:14 PM
M3 if you dont care about snow