Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No fuel at injectors truck won't start

Wstrnsky
12-30-2007, 02:27 PM
95 GMC Sierra x-cab 4x4 Auto 350TBI vin"K" 163,000 miles

Have replaced:
Fuel filter
Checked fuel pump (replaced 2 years ago approx 7,000 miles on it) and all relays and fuses - all good
Fuel regulator on the throttle body
Computer codes - none stored, checked all ECM fuses all good

Recently replaced( approx. 1 month ago)
Starter
Battery
Water pump
Radiator

When I try to start the truck it turns but just won't catch and no fuel is coming out of the injectors. I have pulled the fuel line off the back of the throttle body and there is good pressure and flow, so I know there are no obstructions in the lines. It has good spark.
Is there something I am missing is there some sensor that has gone out that isn't allowing the computer to fire the injectors off? The oil pressure sensor is working (I can see it build pressure when I crank the engine). Injectors are $150 a piece new and I have a hard time believing that they would both go at the same time without warning. Is there anyway to see if the injectors are getting a signal to fire? Anything else i should be looking at? any advise or suggestions are greatly appreciated. THANK YOU in advance for taking the time to help and respond.

maxwedge
12-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Welcome to AF. Get a "noid" lite at any part house plug it in to an injector connector and see if it flashes, if so there is an issue with the injectors if not, the pcm is not getting a signal from the ign module. Or the pcm is bad( rare), ( fuses good?)

horse482
01-04-2008, 10:33 PM
As max said best idea would be to check with a noid light. I have seen this problem a few times where the ignition module will allow spark but no pulse to the injectors.

Wstrnsky
01-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Yep Bad ignition module allowed spark but no fuel to injectors. While I was at it I replaced the pickup coil and put on a new cap and rotor. Thanks guys for the help !!!

horse482
01-05-2008, 05:39 PM
No problem, glad to help.

Add your comment to this topic!