Best place to buy car battery?

helicopter23
12-30-2007, 03:50 AM
I need an average car battery because I don't plan on keeping my car forever. I have a 97 pontiac grand prix gt and live in zip code 14624. Where's the best place to buy a battery online or at a store?

G.A.S.
12-30-2007, 05:11 AM
Your in newyork so it is cold there.
go to wall mart and get a batt. with the proper c.c.a.'s
NAPA auto parts store is about the same price but eather palce will honner your warantee. If it failes within the warantee you can at least take it back rather than screw arround dealing with someone miles away and by mail.
You can expect about a 50$ bill at eather place

maxwedge
12-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Walmart MAXX series batteries have one of the best test results.

wafrederick
12-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Stay away from AutoZone for a battery,they are junk and I have replaced one of them recently with one From Auto Value.Interstate is another one to stay away from one,their quality has gone down and getting one warrantied from them is tough.My father had Interstate and kicked them out becuase they would not warrranty a battery.Auto Value batteries are another choice.

Langning
12-30-2007, 11:49 AM
When I needed a battery this Nov, I went to Sears and got the Gold for $99+tax+$30 (for difficult installation). They initially quoted $12 for installation...

Walmart has the MAXX (with equiv. CCA) with 3/year/full 108/mos/prorated warranty for $70. If I need a battery again, I would definitely go with the Walmart battery.

BNaylor
12-30-2007, 12:00 PM
:uhoh:

IMO for the cost and convenience the Autozone Duralast ($55) and Duralast Gold batteries are an acceptable choice. May only last about 3 years or so but with the pro-rated nationwide warranty who can really complain. The AZ Duralast in my wife's Regal LS is going on its 4th year and still hanging in there. :eek:

BTW - I have a Sears Diehard in my GTP going on 5 years. :thumbsup:

wlkjr
12-30-2007, 01:36 PM
:uhoh:

IMO for the cost and convenience the Autozone Duralast ($55) and Duralast Gold batteries are an acceptable choice. May only last about 3 years or so but with the pro-rated nationwide warranty who can really complain. The AZ Duralast in my wife's Regal LS is going on its 4th year and still hanging in there. :eek:

BTW - I have a Sears Diehard in my GTP going on 5 years. :thumbsup:

My Duralast is at least 6 years old.

'97ventureowner
12-30-2007, 03:06 PM
I'd also look into an A C Delco battery. Some of their prices are comparable to other aftermarket batteries but from my experience can last much longer. ( I know you said you don't plan on keeping the car that long, but A C Delcos are OEM for your car and may be a good point in reselling the car to mention that it has a new OEM battery in it.) On average I have gotten at least 8 years out of all my Delco batteries and other associates I know have received the same results. I think they have a battery for your car for around $54.99
Here is a link to places in your area that sell A C Delco batteries:http://go.mappoint.net/acdelco/(wu5imv2d3kkfz42wsldwfb2b)/Index.aspx?go=1&DBR=50&FC=RETAIL:BATTERIES&ZIP=14624

Add your comment to this topic!