Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The Question:How to?build a Spray Frame

OPM
02-18-2003, 05:32 AM
this is the Question i am asking myself for months now...i used bottles,i used other things,nothing worked out well:bloated:

gimme ideas,show me yours,tell me what u used,i just can't spray if the body doesn't seat strong enough somewhere and i am sure it won't fall off....:)

(ps:if there is a part over that in the faq,don't beat me,i just had toopen this topic w/o looking in the faq:bloated: )

RONALD SOLE
02-18-2003, 06:01 AM
Just an idea, I tend to always use an old can of car spray, put a blob of blue tack on the top and press the models roof interior onto it, you can blue tack things like bonnets etc to the side of the can, this ensures all parts to be pained get done at the same time so you dont get variations in shade. Using this method sometimes gives the appearance that you have a circular shade difference over where the blue tack is but this usually dissapears when fully dry, not always but 99% of the time, depends what paint your using.:)

SirWelshy
02-18-2003, 06:18 AM
some use bent metal coat hangers taped to the underside of the roof ..
me i just use what ever fits mostly spray cans or my t-cut bottle

Jay!
02-18-2003, 09:05 AM
out of coat hangers (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9857)

Jedi801
02-18-2003, 10:50 AM
I use a big sponge with sections of cut coat hanger pushed into itat an angle so that the tension holds the model. If I am painting smaller pieces I tape them to toothpicks and push them into the sponge.

Looks like this

__\__/__
|______|

primera man
02-18-2003, 01:55 PM
This is what i use here.
A sold block of wood for weight, then wire bent to the shape shown.
I then just tape the model to the wire.Just make sure you replace the tape after every model and you will never have one fall off.

freakray
02-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by primera man:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=788877

And then you use the hair ties to hold assemblies together while the glue dries, right?
Or is there something you're not telling us Warren?;)

Ray

primera man
02-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by freakray

And then you use the hair ties to hold assemblies together while the glue dries, right?

Ray
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/spit.gif I have no hair !!....i'm married with kids remember :p

freakray
02-18-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by primera man
I have no hair !!....i'm married with kids remember

I remember..... :rolleyes:

No hair & married with kids seem like they are one and the same problem = stress related:D

fullbloodchop01
02-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by freakray

Ray :spit: :cwn27:

Add your comment to this topic!