Selling failed emissions test.

12-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Acura Integra LS 130,000 mi.
Rebuilt engine put in in April of 2007

I had a new engine put in my Integra in April and it's burning oil like no other. I'm going to bring the car into the shop tomorrow to figure out the exact problem, but I'm 99% sure it's going to be something major, and 100% sure I won't be able to afford it. I have had waaay too many problem with this car, and now I just want it gone. I live in California and I'm wondering if there is any way of selling it legally with a failed smog. I often see the "mechanic's special". How do you go about selling it this way legally? Is there a way of selling this, maybe stating "non-running" when selling the vehicle? Unfortionatly, I still owe $2800 on the car, and as of now, I'll be ecstatic if I broke even. Thanks in advance!

12-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Just call DMV. They'll tell you how in 2 minutes.

12-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Thought I'd get some better tips here. Tried calling and emailing today, no responses from either. DMV=garbage

12-31-2007, 08:44 PM
You can sell the car to an out-of-state buyer

Add your comment to this topic!