Car not excelerating

usaf16
12-24-2007, 11:00 PM
My daughter just bought a 2002 kia rio Cinco. Of course everything was fine for 2 days then the problems started. It seems to have an exceleration problem. Won't go over 40 mph. Its an automatic and shifts in and out of gears with no problems, just won't excelerate. And it doesn't do it all the time. Her boyfriend seems to think its the tranny, but I was thinking more in the line of a fuel problem or clogged catalytic converter or something. Any thoughts on what it might be?

Kymechanic02
12-25-2008, 12:36 PM
I would say clean the throttle body out first and check after that, if it is a clogged throttle body it will cause the Vehicle to not get enough gas to accelerate but could keep the car running if enough gas is getting in. Also a possible transmission problem, I had a 1995 Buick Century 2.8L V6, a transmission Ring broke in it which caused it not to go pass 60mph, Though you could tell because the Car would shake Violently. I would suggest taking it to a dealer and telling them your concerns about the vehicle.

'97ventureowner
12-25-2008, 12:58 PM
This thread is a year old.Please check the date of the last post in the thread you are replying to. If it is longer than 3 months from the current date, it is considered old and should not be resurrected. You may start a new thread if you have new info (you also may link to the old thread as well,) or want to continue the discussion.More info can be found on this in AF's Community Guidelines.
Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!