Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

03 tacoma brake issues...

TERRBALL
12-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Just recently my truck would do a strange "broken brake " feeling first thing in the morning after going about 40mph down to a stop. Like clockwork, the next morning I could expect it to happen again and it would. For the rest of the day, putting on the brakes results in shaking in the wheels up front. Is it my ABS? The broken part really feels like just that-I almost have the brakes totally floored and it's not responding-but only for that second they s=just shake real bad the rest of the day....so any advice or similar stories would be great.
thanks!

TcmaBoy
12-24-2007, 11:46 PM
This is one of those "you have to drive it to know" things. Take it to a mechanic.

Kyle4130
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Just recently my truck would do a strange "broken brake " feeling first thing in the morning after going about 40mph down to a stop. Like clockwork, the next morning I could expect it to happen again and it would. For the rest of the day, putting on the brakes results in shaking in the wheels up front. Is it my ABS? The broken part really feels like just that-I almost have the brakes totally floored and it's not responding-but only for that second they s=just shake real bad the rest of the day....so any advice or similar stories would be great.
thanks!

start pulling stuff apart. take the tires off and check your rotors and break pads. check the fluid level as well. when was the last time it was all checked?

Bimmere21320
02-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Does it feel like the front brakes are grinding, and does it make a grinding or rubbing noise? If this is the case then I had a similar problem with my 03 Tacoma. Basically it is either one of two things, or maybe even both. First, simply you need new front brake pads, and secondly you could be low on brake fluid. I would suggest getting a brake inspection if in doubt. Hope this helps!

k2dragon8
06-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Take the tires off to check your pads and rotors. Also check you abs sensor. Then check if everything is in working order. Afterwards, reasssemble your vehicle and purchase replacement parts accordingly. Good Luck.:smile:

Where is my 3.4
06-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Most of the time the ABS light will come on and stay on if there is something wrong with the speed sensors (most of the time ) Time to take the wheels off or hook up to see if the sensors are working make sure the ABS light works . Take the wheels off look at at the pads and shoes make sure no busted boots with grease on the sensors good luck let us know

tacoma man
06-24-2008, 10:19 AM
sounds like you need some brake shoes and rotors.

Add your comment to this topic!