Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Window Problem

Vric
02-12-2003, 04:26 PM
My Integra is now at 90% done.. I was working on the window today.. Painted, fit everything was ok... I take a cleanex with some water to wash the windows (remove fingerprint) and the windows get all fugged !!! exactly like if it was washed with thinner !! I have never see something like that and Always used water to wash window/kit)

I have tryd to remove those "fog line" with compound with no luck...

Anyone have any sugestion ?

JDM Evo7
02-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Wow,
Hmmm any chance your water was tainted with a solvent? I would say try and use an automotive plasitc polish. If that doesn't work, you may be able to restore some of the translucency by airbrushing Future floor wax on it.

Vric
02-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by JDM Evo7

Hmmm any chance your water was tainted with a solvent?

if yes, maybe we will see couple hundred of dead tomorow :D the whater was ok.. I really dont know what happen.. this is not really my kind of error normally :( it's not really bad.. only small fog line... strange..

RyanGiorgio
02-12-2003, 05:02 PM
A mystery! My windows used to fog up from krazy glue (early modelling days...don't ask). That was unremovable.

TheSyndicate
02-12-2003, 05:04 PM
tissue can be a bit harsh at times. You should always use 100% cotton to handle easily damaged parts, paint, clears.

daggerlee
02-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Maybe you just removed the mold-release agent or some other byproduct of the molding process that was contributing to the shine. Try waxing it with a soft, pure wax like Tamiya model wax to see if you can bring back the clearness.

endlesskev86
02-12-2003, 10:09 PM
WINDOWS! ARGHHHHHHHH
the one thing i hate about modelling!~

Add your comment to this topic!