Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Buying off Ebay

360Modena1117
02-12-2003, 03:19 PM
I recently was looking on ebay for models, and found some very low priced Fujimi models. Is it recomended to by models off Ebay? I never built a Fujimi. How is the quality and fit?

Mainomega
02-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Carefull with the seller, i bought maybe like $190 worth of models from Mokshak...something like that. and i had to request a refund becasue he was having problems with paypal. He said he doesn't have any money to purchase the kits or to pay postage so its gona be a while before he starts shipping.

ukemaxxer
02-12-2003, 04:11 PM
If you are going to buy from ebay, you are best off in my opinion looking for a seller called sangpolly (http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=sangpolly&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25) this link will take you to a list of all her current auctions.
Stay well clear of a guy called mokpikshan58. He has bad feedback saying he only wraps models in paper not a box.
I have bought many models from sangpolly and all come in sturdy packing and to date I have not had a single one damaged.

Hope this helps.

Fastphil
02-12-2003, 04:18 PM
eBay has a very informative site. Read it all. Sign up. Browse for model kits. Read the item description. If you like what you see, bid on it. Look at the seller's feedback, where he's located (it greatly affects shipping charges if he's not near you) and if he doesn't state clearly what shipping will cost, just ask him. Some sellers like to gouge people on shipping to make a bigger profit, and once you've won an item, you can't refuse it because you think the shipping is too expensive. Have fun.

360Modena1117
02-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.

RyanGiorgio
02-12-2003, 04:47 PM
Yeah, i bought off sangpolly a long time ago. GREAT SELLER! No probs great packaging, pretty quick shipping too. But, i bought of a guy once (can;t remember name) took him 4 months to ship and everytime it was a different excuse. I read his feedback after i bought it (dumb move) and all of it was bad. Always ALWAYS read the seller's feedback before you but. Other than that, its reliable. My dad even bought a car off of ebay.

GTi-VR6_A3
02-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Pik Shan Mok would this be the guy? he had a good seller rating have i got myself into hell?

-GTi-VR6_A3

Asmenoth
02-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Tamiyaking out of Canada, I believe, is another great one to order from. Never had any problems with kits I got from him.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
02-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ukemaxxer
If you are going to buy from ebay, you are best off in my opinion looking for a seller called sangpolly (http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=sangpolly&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25) this link will take you to a list of all her current auctions.
Stay well clear of a guy called mokpikshan58. He has bad feedback saying he only wraps models in paper not a box.
I have bought many models from sangpolly and all come in sturdy packing and to date I have not had a single one damaged.

Hope this helps.

That seller has quite a bit of good kits. I have never ordered models from eBay, but I have got tons of other things, my most recent was a 1:18 diecast Murcielago. I would trust buying models from here, and thanks everyone, you may have just talked me into buying my next kit from eBay. :D

SirWelshy
02-12-2003, 07:00 PM
has brought a few kits off ebay only one came back bad but i had the kits in my hands with in 10days

Mainomega
02-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by GTi-VR6_A3
Pik Shan Mok would this be the guy? he had a good seller rating have i got myself into hell?

-GTi-VR6_A3

Ya, thats the guy. Did he already ship your stuff ? Paypal froze his account for some reason, and i had to get my refund around $200. He apologized to a lot of people and got a new e-mail Addy, and he is using his "friends" paypal account now.

I know he has a good feedback, but he told me it will be 2 weeks till he ship anything upon reciept of payment.

Either way, i used to pay with my bank account but switched after being ripped off and not being able to do anything. I use my AMEX now, and if something happens you can call their number and they will try to get you money back (real, not like paypal). I was short about $60 and they got it for me. So my advise use a CC and not a bank account.

Anyways, i do seriously hope everything get straighten out with him because he has cheap prices, ya some of his stuff comes ummm... pulvirazied but the plastic is good, just the box gets the whooping

GTi-VR6_A3
02-12-2003, 07:04 PM
well as long as he sends and the plastic is good i will be happy. good thing i payed wiht my Washington mutual visa

-GTi-VR6_A3

360Modena1117
02-13-2003, 05:18 PM
Thankyou everyone. I have bought items off ebay b4 (not models) and understand the whole site. What I really was wondering is if anyone ever received models that have been opened or already assembled, and is this common from ebay? I also want to know how Fujimi compares to the quality of Tamiya.

Fastphil
02-13-2003, 05:22 PM
If a model is opened or already started, generally the seller will say so in the item description. If he didn't state it, and the model is not in the sealed box, email him/her and ask what the deal is. Sellers will usually try to make things right with the buyer, so don't go blasting them straight out of the box. Talk to them like normal humans, and they will be MUCH more willing to work things out.

Add your comment to this topic!