Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Q about the new Z's paint and LSD system

litbug
02-12-2003, 02:40 AM
Hi~ i am new here......^^, I really need some help here.
I saw there are couple people's 350z got problem abt "paint ", I wonder is the problem happend to every Z (soon or later) ? coz i am thinking abt getting a Z, but the paint problem makes me worry. Also, is "LSD" system important? how does it work and is it neccesry to have it?

I did the paint job to my car(330ci), however, the paint of the hood and front bumper keep falling off. i argued w/ the bodyshop that did the paint job for me, they say that is not their fault, they claim that i drive too fast and hit the small objects on the freeway. Yet, i never drive over 80 mph, and other ppl who re-paint the car do not have this problem. Would someone explain wut happaned to my paint? anyone who own a body shop can explain wut is goin on? THX for Helping me

ZYAL8R
02-12-2003, 10:17 AM
You hear a few people who have had paint problems and it seems to catch your attention. My Z is flawless, and I have two friends who have had no paint problems. The LSD is nice for traction, but not essential. Don't buy the base model though, the xenon's alone are worth the cash, and aftermarket lights are not an option under 3G's. Good luck!

woossh
02-12-2003, 12:13 PM
As far as your paint, is it large spots or chips? A large area or flaking from a chip is probably caused by bad prep work (sanding, prinering, sanding, cleaning). Anybody can shoot paint, it's the details most don't want to take the time to do right. Don't always go for the lowest price.

litbug
02-12-2003, 01:25 PM
O~ so i do not need LSD?? will it effect the safety??

what is the major different between the performance model and touring ones??

ABT my paint, some of them r samll spot, but there are chips too...T_T

I know the body shop gotta do something wrong, how should i argue w/ them?

Add your comment to this topic!