2003 Toyota Matrix, good or no? + Questions/Reviews

AcidicRage
02-11-2003, 02:11 AM
I'm planning to get one of these as my first car within the next month. I will be probably getting a regular silver basic 2003 Toyota Matrix with no body kit w/ automatic windows (no lower bottom sporty parts) because my parents say it scratches easily when you bump a hill or something. I can always add it on later. I've heard just some good and bad things about this car. I've heard that this car also makes loud noise? And the guages and ergonomics sometimes hard to read in daylight? Well, I just want to know if any of you have a Matrix already or not tell me your opinions. I'm just getting the basic one with power windows, no XR or XRS models. And this will be my *FIRST* car! :-)

Note: The gauges look cool, but I've heard they're hard to see during brightlight + lots of glare...so considering the glare and my "beginner" driver skills, do you think its a little bit dangerous for me to get it?

Deadly Mantis
02-14-2003, 01:14 PM
I own a Matrix and overall, there are more pros than cons. The bottom of body kit does scratch easily, but the kit makes the car look much better and any scratches are generally unnoticable. The gauges being hard to see is overexaggerated; I live in San Diego where it's always sunny, and I've never had a problem seeing them.

THE4TH
02-17-2003, 12:14 AM
as long as ya get it with no kit it's cool. i think the kit is just too much ..
sorry

AcidicRage
02-17-2003, 11:10 PM
I have another question about 4WD. From what I've heard is that when you buy a four-wheel-drive car, the whole time the car is in 2wheeldrive UNTIL you have to manually press like a shift or a button that changes the tires to 4 tires instead of 2. All this time I thought it would be automatic, like if you're moving anywhere, all four wheels are moving at same time. And I've heard some people say then the Toyota Matrix 4WD Base Auto has a button/shift so all the time it's in 2WD, you have to press 4WD button. If that's so, what is the point of getting a 4WD then? Some other people tells me that the car is automatic, so it'll be 4WD the whole time... can someone please clear up my confusion?

THE4TH
02-20-2003, 11:31 PM
4wd is the option of 4 w or 2w..
awd is a fulltime 4wd..

Add your comment to this topic!