Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

how to convert unleaded fuel car to leaded fuel car

mad max 98
02-09-2003, 07:36 PM
what do u do f u have to put a leaded fuel in ur car , does make any diff.:)

DiS
02-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Not a good idea. Leaded fuel contains a metal (its either aluminum or zinc) I think its the second metal but not sure though. Anyways, unleaded fuel does not contain that metal in it, and if you will put leaded fuel in ur car, it will make a hole in your gas tank and burn all your fuel lines that go to the fuel pump. If that happenes your fuel pump will stop working in 2-3 weeks,as of clogging action. DO NOT USE LEADED FUEL.

mad max 98
02-10-2003, 12:54 AM
:bandit: so is there a way to do a conversion?????
f u have any advice let me know.

Strider Negro
02-11-2003, 04:51 PM
why would u want to convert your unleaded car to leaded?

JBL85
02-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Strider Negro
why would u want to convert your unleaded car to leaded?

Might not be a good idea considering they dont really sell it at gas pumps in America

mad max 98
02-11-2003, 05:24 PM
where i'm going they dont sell unleaded[okinawa] japan:(

97wvmax
02-11-2003, 11:52 PM
hate to say it, but prob be easier to get another car and leave the max behind

DiS
02-12-2003, 03:43 AM
Since you are going to Japan and since they sell leaded fuel over there Im pretty sure they have cars already converted to LEADED FUEL ONLY. If you would want to make the car to take leaded fuel in USA you would have to redo the whole engine due to leaded fuel is heavier substance than unleaded, because leaded fuel contains metal texture. Even if you do a conversion to your gas tank and leave everything else as is, 1st your fuel pump will break due to clogging up, then if that leaded fuel will get into the engine compartment (AND IT WILL) you will have to probably to buy a brand new engine.

NJMAXSELTD
02-12-2003, 09:31 AM
There's nothing to convert. Leaded gas was used in older iron head cars to keep the top end, valves seats ect. from burning up. Leaded fuel has more lubrication then unleaede fuel does. Burning unleaded fuel in an older car that was designed to run on leaded fuel is where the problem arises. Fuel additives are used to keep the top end in good shape on older cars. Unleaded fuel should be available across the world. Leaded may be still found in some 3rd world countries.

Burning leaded fuel in an unleaded engine will do no harm to the engine itself, but it will reak havoc on the Cats & o2's.

The fuel itself will not harm anything like your gas tank, fuel pump, injectors or lines.

JBL85
02-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by NJMAXSELTD
. Leaded may be still found in some 3rd world countries.

Its shit though, why would they even have it in Japan?

DiS
02-13-2003, 04:32 AM
Funny thing. My uncle (dumb@ss) Had a Mercedes in Russia which used unleaded fuel ONLY and his sorry @ass put the freaking leaded fuel, and he burned a hole in his gas tank....

NJMAXSELTD
02-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by DiS
Funny thing. My uncle (dumb@ss) Had a Mercedes in Russia which used unleaded fuel ONLY and his sorry @ass put the freaking leaded fuel, and he burned a hole in his gas tank....
Impossible - Your uncles tank sprung a leak due to the tank failing.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the fuel in it.

On top of that, you cannot fit the nozzel of a leaded gas pump into a car which runs on unleaded gas, it's to big.

There's no way to get the wrong fuel into it in the first place.

DiS
02-13-2003, 12:17 PM
As I said. My uncle is an idiot :bandit: Dont know how he did it.

IXLR8TL3.2
03-08-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by NJMAXSELTD
There's nothing to convert. Leaded gas was used in older iron head cars to keep the top end, valves seats ect. from burning up. Leaded fuel has more lubrication then unleaede fuel does. Burning unleaded fuel in an older car that was designed to run on leaded fuel is where the problem arises. Fuel additives are used to keep the top end in good shape on older cars. Unleaded fuel should be available across the world. Leaded may be still found in some 3rd world countries.

Burning leaded fuel in an unleaded engine will do no harm to the engine itself, but it will reak havoc on the Cats & o2's.

The fuel itself will not harm anything like your gas tank, fuel pump, injectors or lines.

YUP couldn't have said it better myself, i was hoping someone would realize this :D

DiS
03-08-2003, 10:43 AM
:devil:

Add your comment to this topic!