Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

89 Jimmy Steering Column Wiring Question

Kipkay
02-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Hi,

I just replace the steering column on my son's 89 GMC Jimmy. Everything is great except I don't remember (didn't make a note...my bad) where the single wire from the steering column goes. It is a single wire that has a male connector on it. Can't seem to find where it goes or what it does. Everything appears to work fine. I have not checked the Cruise control so maybe that is what it is for. Also, there is a connector on the steering column that seems to slide back and forth. It clips into the steering column and has 2 cables that plug into it. What is that for and what does it do?

Thanks!

Kip

bowtiebandit
02-07-2003, 07:29 PM
If the single wire you are referring to is a thick black wire I would have to say that it is the cruise control connector. The other one I'm not sure..you said cables..? the only thing I can think of is the nuetral safety switch at the base of the column..?

Kipkay
02-07-2003, 08:00 PM
That appears to be the cruise control because that is the only thing that is not working. Any idea where that plugs into? Also, the bracket I am referring to is white and is snapped in towrds the bottom of the steering column (approx mideway down) There are 2 2-pin connectros that plug in and the bracket slides side to side and has click detents.

Thanks

Kip

Add your comment to this topic!