Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nail Polish?

VRDubb02
02-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Hey how are you guys doing. I went out last night with my girlfriend to buy some nail polish to paint some bodies. Now i still quite dont understand how i should thin it out. What type of thinner should i be using and what are the ratios or the liquisity of the nail polish. I have an airbursh but sometin simple single action. Any info you guys can share would be great. thanks for all your help

JP'sCelica
02-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Hi VRDubb02,

I thinned my nailpolishes with regular thinner, I always use an A brand and not something you could buy at the supermarket.

The most nailpolish I have is very thick so I use a lot of thinner to thin it. I usualy thin it until it is as thin as water.

The first step I take is to spray the bodyparts with real carprimer, after that has dried and polished I spray a black or white base coat car paint to the parts. After drying and polishing I spray some mist coats of the thinned nailpolish to the parts, sometimes I spray four of five coats.

These coats are drying very fast so you could spray then in a short timeperiod. Be aware because nailpolish will dry like a matt or semi gloss coat. So I always spray some real car clear coat to the parts. Let them dry for a couple of weeks and then rubb it out.

A singel action airbrush will give a great result, I'm sure.

Be carefull with spraying nailpolish!! It is very toxic stuff in combination with thinner this is a breathtaker. So use a very good gasmask!!

Good luck with it!!:)

VRDubb02
02-07-2003, 01:06 PM
THANKS for your info. I hope things will turn out alright w/ the nailpolish. I intend to spray outside in the garage so hopefully the fumes wont be to bad w/ some ventilation. I look forward to trying it out. And ill probably post pics of my projects up then. thanks again.

daggerlee
02-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Use lacquer thinner. :)

God|Zilla168
02-07-2003, 01:40 PM
ah the things a woman will do to look good. heheh
who knows why they put toxic stuff on their nails :D

Add your comment to this topic!