Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Why are integras so popular?

Lingerie_Ripper
02-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Ever since 95-96 Integras been played out, but even now people still get, and look for them. Why?

sameintheend01
02-05-2003, 03:50 AM
because they are cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, reliable, easy/cheap to mod, and pretty quick for their price.:eshooter:

gnushit
02-05-2003, 04:58 AM
i don't think integras are cheap to buy or own. if you look in any newpaper, dealership or car selling magazine, a decent integra (96-2000 under 60,000 miles, clean) will cost you around $10 - 17,000. insurence companies label integra hatchbacks as sports car, so you're paying more in insurence. the main reason people buy integras is because i own one and they want to be like me :D

AznDragon
02-05-2003, 02:48 PM
sameintheend01 ,

what kind of high flow cat do you have, and where did you get it?

GSR
02-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Integras are played out? Theres plenty of fox body 5.0s still around, since when did integras become "played out"
They are not cheap and that actually proves that they are not played out.
AznDragon, are you looking for a high flow cat? I have a stainless steel polished resonated test pipe that I will sell you. It fits any <99+ obd2 integra. It will give you more power than a restrictive cat (even high flow) and believe it or not its actually more quiet than the carsound cat i have on my car now.

BTW gnushit, I pay $75/month for liability + comprehensive on my gsr...-T

KrNxRaCer00
02-05-2003, 10:23 PM
integras aren't played out, but they are popular to use as a base. if u look at the stock numbers an the motors they come with are great. u can buy a stock gsr, an be able to keep up with a lot of cars. definately aren't cheap tho. if u look at the newer ones, the prices are still pretty high, an insurance rates aren't exactly great. i guess im biased, but i don't really think u can say they are played out, they are simply popular, unlike the prelude.:D (not insulting the car, i love them, but it is the truth.)

gnushit
02-06-2003, 02:00 AM
congrats gsr for having low insurence. how old are you and what's your driving record? i'm 22 and i've NEVER gotten a ticket, but i'm paying $480 every 6 months. and that's in my mom's insurence policy too. my bro on the other hand pays only $350 for a 96 oldsmobile, 24 years old, and have 2 accidents, and on the same policy. that's a rip off for me. preludes are ugly. does anyone know their stats?

ryan45845
02-08-2003, 10:26 PM
integras are popular cause they combin basic things that young people want in a car......there relativly cheap (for a 94-95) have a good amount of hp for the money.......get good gas milage (more money you save on gas the more you have to mod your car)......a proven starting place to get you to a fast car
ryan

THE4TH
02-11-2003, 10:11 PM
i'd say it but it's all been said before..
and i love tegs.. but they are played out.. just like civics and accords and every other honda.. cause hondas rule and everyone has one cause they are the best..
i've owned 3 tegs and 2 civics and i loved all of them..
enjoy

CrazyFukr2k3
02-12-2003, 03:37 PM
same thing as civics except they look better, are faster, and cost half as much (comparing 90-93 tegs to whatever gen civic that was... 92-95 right?)

TheNotoriousMogg
02-15-2003, 05:44 AM
because they are cheap and have a nice look and can be modified with a huge amount of aftermarket parts unlike such vehicles like the "white trash ferrari's" (mustangs)....

Enjoy!

KrNxRaCer00
02-16-2003, 12:32 AM
are u kidding me? the stang has been out since earli 60's (not sure, but pretty sure), an it has tons of aftermarket support. i'd say it prolly has more so then the integra for some years. i mean...i'd never take one over an integra (cept for the new SVT's w/ 400hp, can't argue w/ 400hp stock), but at the same time, the stangs have a nice aftermarket support line that u can use to make it even quicker...

gnushit
02-16-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by KrNxRaCer00
are u kidding me? the stang has been out since earli 60's (not sure, but pretty sure), an it has tons of aftermarket support. i'd say it prolly has more so then the integra for some years. i mean...i'd never take one over an integra (cept for the new SVT's w/ 400hp, can't argue w/ 400hp stock), but at the same time, the stangs have a nice aftermarket support line that u can use to make it even quicker...

word

KrNxRaCer00
02-17-2003, 02:17 PM
hey gnu, wut u got done to ur car? im from up here in everett...u ever roll down to the races in fed way?

GSR
02-18-2003, 09:39 AM
i had a speeding ticket and one accident two years ago. just caught the corner of a new pathfinder's rear bumper. the insurance paid $2100 and still doesnt know/care that i drive. This means i'm on my dads policy.

does af allow pictures on sig?

Melt
02-18-2003, 09:57 AM
Integras are popular because they are generally fast STOCK. They also look tight. :D

gnushit
02-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by KrNxRaCer00
hey gnu, wut u got done to ur car? im from up here in everett...u ever roll down to the races in fed way?

nope, i got it about 7 months ago and it's still completely stock except the bumper and tail lights *cough*altezza*cought* :D. i won't be doing any engine mods until i pay off the car. i'm planning on putting 2 12" subs and amp in the car within the next week. go to www.nwhonda.net and chat with some locals.

gsr: i'm jealous of you :D, i wish i can get lower insurence and a gsr

Add your comment to this topic!