Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Intermittent power loss- HELP!

PRIMERA_BOY
10-09-2001, 05:13 PM
Hello people,
Newbie here... I have a P10... but I went to the p10 area and it said come here....

I wonder if you can help- my mechanics have failed!

Every so often, when driving along, my car starts to judder... as if its running on three plugs or something.... during this time I cannot accelerate. (It happened this evening.....I pressed the accelerator to the floor- no response). It doesnt last long... only 30-60 seconds at most before it fixes itself and the car runs fine again!

I have replaced HT lead, plugs, petrol filter, distributor cap.

The nissan diagnostic machine shows no errors.

It can be 10 miles or 400 miles between this happening. I have been travelling at different speeds and in different outside temperatures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I'm lost ...:confused:

G20-KIWI
10-09-2001, 06:02 PM
Sounds pretty bad, have you checked all the vacuum hoses for leaks and intake tubing?
I think even the brake booster vacuum hoses being disconnected can make the car stall
so check everything is tight.
Does it backfire also? Cos it could be injectors, TPS adjustment or maybe AAC valve.
Have the coil checked as well.

greekman
10-09-2001, 09:20 PM
sounds like you may be having the same problems i had on my 93.5 G. check out my thread called sssslllloooowww start (something along those lines, maybe more s's or l's). or check out http://www.se-r.net/engine/troubleshooting_guide/index.html they have good stuff there and i figured out my problem. you can search the www.se-r.net archieves for additional information, if you don't find your problem here.

olds88
10-09-2001, 09:29 PM
sounds like a possible fuel pump

PRIMERA_BOY
10-10-2001, 01:56 AM
thanks guys... i'll check those out!
David.

PRIMERA_BOY
10-10-2001, 01:59 AM
hi- forgot to give answers ! D'oh

The engine doesnt stall... just "struggles for a while.... no backfireing.
Cheers,
David.

primera man
10-10-2001, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by PRIMERA_BOY
Hello people,
Newbie here... I have a P10... but I went to the p10 area and it said come here....

Welcome along to AF.....Hope you like it here. There's plenty to read, have fun..........now we have a "man and a boy" here to cause trouble

:devil: :devil: :devil:

PRIMERA_BOY
12-10-2001, 09:04 AM
original post..............
/*------------------------------------
Every so often, when driving along, my car starts to judder... as if its running on three plugs or something.... during this time I cannot accelerate. (It happened this evening.....I pressed the accelerator to the floor- no response). It doesnt last long... only 30-60 seconds at most before it fixes itself and the car runs fine again!

------------------------------------*/

Hello all....
Thought I better give an update on what the problem appeared to be.

I had the EGR valve lubricated... I have had no prooblem since.. thats 2 months!

Thank you all for your help..
David.:flash:

Add your comment to this topic!